My cat is eighteen.

My cat is 18.

I know this is very macarbe,but every night I look at her and think "will you still be hhere in the morning?".

She's seen me through thick and thin, and apart from my Mum, she represents the longest relationship I've ever had.

We've had some very memorable moments - she hated my ex-husband on sight, but warmed to him when I miscarried our first baby (I think she knew I needed family solidarity).

She hated the midwife who did unspeakable things to me whilst flat on my back, and glared at her from atop my belly.

She loves, loves, loves my new OH, almost as if giving me her approval thet I've got it right this time.

She rules the roost, and what she says go's as far as the idiot Chocador is concerned.

And I know that all that may seem like very sentimental nonsense as far as most people are concerned.

But, last but not least - she is a connection to someone very special, a long, long, long time ago. He's no longer with us - we chose our cat together and when she's gone - I lose the last bit of him.

I've never been much of a cat person, but after reading your comments it's quite clear that they're every bit the loving companion as a dog.

I'm sure you have many memories to last a lifetime! :)

my old mog keef lived a few weeks short of 22 before she went to live in cat heaven with cat jesus - still killed everything in sight until a few months before she died, the bird and mouse population of sheffield exploded afterwards.

Woop Woop! :banana:

Can I buy your cat a pint?

My cat is 18.

I know this is very macarbe,but every night I look at her and think "will you still be hhere in the morning?".

She's seen me through thick and thin, and apart from my Mum, she represents the longest relationship I've ever had.

We've had some very memorable moments - she hated my ex-husband on sight, but warmed to him when I miscarried our first baby (I think she knew I needed family solidarity).

She hated the midwife who did unspeakable things to me whilst flat on my back, and glared at her from atop my belly.

She loves, loves, loves my new OH, almost as if giving me her approval thet I've got it right this time.

She rules the roost, and what she says go's as far as the idiot Chocador is concerned.

And I know that all that may seem like very sentimental nonsense as far as most people are concerned.

But, last but not least - she is a connection to someone very special, a long, long, long time ago. He's no longer with us - we chose our cat together and when she's gone - I lose the last bit of him.

I know just what you mean Scoop, I really do...animals can mean so many different things to us and particularly long lived ones like dogs and cats.

My old dog Meg was the last one of the dogs that I had when my children were small while she was here it was like the family life was still in place (kids grown up now).

When Meg had to leave me just over a year ago it broke my heart because she was my faithful little friend and we had been through so much together, but also because it symbolized the end of one period of my life, a time that I had loved, I still grieve for Meg...and other things, but life moves on.

I felt just like you do now, thinking about it and knowing it is coming, dreading the day.

Don't let your emotions spoil the time that you have left with your cat, enjoy her Scoop and have a special time with her...who knows cats can live for a long time and she may have years left yet, I certainly hope so :)

I responded without reading fully.

Your cat has had a good innings and a good life, anyone or thing in your care would have had a good life too.

Be proud of that, and enjoy the memories, you never need lose them.

Woop Woop! :banana:

Can I buy your cat a pint?

A pint of milk?:hihi:

aw bless her. hopefully she'll be with you and happy and healthy for a while yet. i do know what you mean .. but in way when they've been so much part of our lives i don't think we ever lose them.

Few more years in her yet ... ours lived to 20! When I worked in Truro, there used to be one in the multistorey car park, that was reputedly 27. Its usually their kidneys packing in the sees the end of them!

Few more years in her yet ... ours lived to 20! When I worked in Truro, there used to be one in the multistorey car park, that was reputedly 27. Its usually their kidneys packing in the sees the end of them!

Well she does seem very sprightly.

She's not as fat as she used to be, though I wouldn't say she was skinny, and she's a bit forgetful (meows to be fed when she's just eaten five minutes before).

Overall, she's in very good health, though we may have to rethink the sleepin arrangemnts this winter (she has a bed inside an insulated box in the garage), may have to contemplate a catflap I think.

My cats 24 and has seemingly no intentions of shuffling off.

The world's oldest (verifiable) cat lived to be 37, so she could be around for a while yet :)

My old girl Tiffy has been looking and acting old since her early teens, but has just started doing the stairs again, aged 17 and a half, so my big question is who turbocharged her little furry zimmer frame?