Chinese theme park being built in Rother Valley country park

Let's look at the real reason that Rotherham MBC are really pushing this. The fact is that they need to off load this land. Following opencasting the site was landscaped and intended to be incorporated into RVCP. RMBC decided that they didn't have the money to maintain the site and thus began a desperate bid to off load it to who ever. The YES project was far more plausible than this latest JOKE and that fell flat on it's backside!

What a load of whingers,for a start the YES project didn't go ahead because Sheffield council objected to nearly everything they wanted to do,cinema's,theatre's,hotels,new indoor ski slope,rail station etc the excuse being Sheffield already had them and they would take trade from there,so it never went ahead,it IS part of RVCP and always has been that is why it was opencasted --pit house west,...before that it consisted of Brookhouse colliery, a Coking Plant and a dumpit site for those that were too lazy to go to the dumpit site at Woodhouse,an online petition against it..how sad....just think of it as an inland Skeggy...

Park sounds a good idea it will create some much needed jobs.

Leave it as is, why does everywhere need building on?

There are ponds, reedbeds, immature trees, scrubland, fields, all with access for cyclists, walkers, dogwalkers, people wanting a picnic etc

There are plenty of other sites nearby that have none of those things, let them build their tacky theme park there.

Well said.

Oh dear Rotherham council making teachers redundant and now trying to make some short term money from a ghastly idea that has no chance of success- why shouldn't this surprise me? Well done councillors of Rotherham- so glad I live in Sheffield!

Much the same as the Student Games that Sheffield will still be paying for in 20 years time then.

At the risk of getting spammed to death here's a link to my blog that shows to you desk bound what Pit-house West really looks like.

PIT-HOUSE WEST

Theme Park at RVCP?

Almost the whole of South Yorkshire is now a theme park managed by the idiots who infest the local councils of the area.

Rotherham is the leading theme park location as it has the biggest lot of half wits making up the council members.

when i first heard about this I have to admit I got a tad excited! I love theme parks so much so I go to alton towers twice a year and thorpe park twice a year (im not loaded btw I just save free ticket vouchers out of the Sun) its about time southyorkshire got a bit of excitement :D

I think it's a good idea if it helps to promote the Rotherham area & create jobs. Let's be honest there are no theme parks within easy reach of South Yorkshire & if someone with pedigree is prepared to put their money into the area they should be applauded not slagged off. If not they may pull the plug on the plans & site it elsewhere in the country which would be a real shame for Rotherham to lose out on this oppurtunity.

I think it's a good idea if it helps to promote the Rotherham area & create jobs. Let's be honest there are no theme parks within easy reach of South Yorkshire & if someone with pedigree is prepared to put their money into the area they should be applauded not slagged off. If not they may pull the plug on the plans & site it elsewhere in the country which would be a real shame for Rotherham to lose out on this oppurtunity.

It is a very bad idea. I can't believe how stupid Rotherham Council are being.

Lets face it - it is a Chinese Theme Park, the jobs that are front of house (customer facing) are going to go to the Chinese. The people who visit are going to be Chinese. It may be a lovely park but no-one who is not Chinese is going to visit it.

Do they expect Chinese people to drive to Rotherham to spend a day there?

Do you think it could be opened by Prince Philip?

It is a very bad idea. I can't believe how stupid Rotherham Council are being.

Lets face it - it is a Chinese Theme Park, the jobs that are front of house (customer facing) are going to go to the Chinese. The people who visit are going to be Chinese. It may be a lovely park but no-one who is not Chinese is going to visit it.

Do they expect Chinese people to drive to Rotherham to spend a day there?

just because its a 'chinese' theme park I doubt very much they would turn yorkshire folk away from job opportunities. I think it will be a good idea to add some colour and excitement and i for one is looking forward to it :D

just because its a 'chinese' theme park I doubt very much they would turn yorkshire folk away from job opportunities. I think it will be a good idea to add some colour and excitement and i for one is looking forward to it :D

There is a theme park in Florida called Epcot where there is a lake surrounded by numerous countries. Each country has it's own attractions. This park is great because there are a variety of countries and cultures, and you walk from one to the other. But this park is just China.

People forget that American Adventure died a death many years ago. I can get to Alton Towers in 90 mins. Get the vouchers and I'm in for less than £20 - world class rides. Am I seriously going to go to 'Visions of China' instead?