Rugby World Cup - 2011

England looked good with the ball but it was worrying the amount of territorial advantage Georgia had in the first half - fortunately their penalty kicker was useless. Oh and can't we go back to black socks and proper numbers please.

And why couldn't our game have kicked of at half nine instead of France v Canada - the French are an hour ahead of us so would only have had to get up at 8 - not the unearthly hour (for me anyway) of 7 on a Sunday morning.

Better, some good forward momentum to cross gain lines and quicker ball but I could have done without Ashton's swan-dive and pointless haranguing of the touch judge - has he ever seen an official change his mind? AND we'd been winning/spoiling their line-outs anyway, so why bother arguing about whose line-out? A touch of the "professional" era or has he forgotten which shape of ball he's playing with?

England looked good with the ball but it was worrying the amount of territorial advantage Georgia had in the first half - fortunately their penalty kicker was useless. Oh and can't we go back to black socks and proper numbers please.

And why couldn't our game have kicked of at half nine instead of France v Canada - the French are an hour ahead of us so would only have had to get up at 8 - not the unearthly hour (for me anyway) of 7 on a Sunday morning.

Sky+ is a great invention :) My England game started at 10 am.

Better performance from England, however, discipline is non-existent. I just hope England continue to improve and hope MJ tackles the discipline thing.

Today's only result was a 13-6 victory for the USA over Russia; a result which, other than national pride, is unlikely to have any bearing on the tournament. It's hard to imagine either of these teams beating Italy, Ireland or Australia.

I was very impressed with russia - for a team new to the world cup and competitive international rugby they did not look out of place.

Waldrom called out to replace Sheridan - they must be worried about their back-row cover.

I would have brought an other back out as cueto is struggling and ashton got his arm bent the wrong way and could be a doubt.

alternatively bring another prop out given stevens limped off. a second row can cover back row - especially as lawes and palmer are looking fit and are good at getting round the park

Surprised that nothing has been said about England's improved performance and/or about Scotland's narrow defeat to Argentina.

Surprised that nothing has been said about England's improved performance and/or about Scotland's narrow defeat to Argentina.

I havent been on here for a few days.

Yeah much improved but still a long way to go....

I havent been on here for a few days.

Yeah much improved but still a long way to go....

It sure makes for an interesting end to the group stage. Hope we thump Scotland.

It sure makes for an interesting end to the group stage. Hope we thump Scotland.

Oh yes !!! Bring it on...prepare to be battered Scotland !! :D

Oh yes !!! Bring it on...prepare to be battered Scotland !! :D

Nooooooo... don't say that. The rate we are giving penalties away, Scotland are likely to make us pay.

Nooooooo... don't say that. The rate we are giving penalties away, Scotland are likely to make us pay.

You started it saying you wanted to thump em i just added to it :D

You started it saying you wanted to thump em i just added to it :D

I really do hope we thump em. Giving the jocks a good thrashing would build confidence and stand us in good stead for the France game.