Rugby World Cup - 2011

Wilko is more consistent with his boot than Flood.

I don't think anybody would argue with that. Wilkinson is probably the best goal-kicked that the Union game has ever seen.

He's not the all-round player that he once was, though, and many would argue that Flood offers better attacking options and therefore more chance of scoring tries, even if you might have to trade off a missed penalty or two to get them.

Yup, I do. And yes, I dare :P

Flood is good, but lacks the ability to control a game, unlike Wilko. Besides, Flood is prone to injury when his hair gets messed up ;)

You're saying Flood is injury prone.....?!

You're saying Flood is injury prone.....?!

Nooooo lol. It's a joke we have about Flood's pretty hairstyle.

I know its not the world cup yet but wasntstarting a new thread just to say the following....

How poor were England today. Made shocking errors and paid for it.

Well done Wales. You made mincemeat of our errors :)

It will certainly upset and annoy Johnson. The one (slightly) mitigating circumstance will be that those 13 people he brought in to replace the starting XV from last week, won't be starting in the World Cup.

Not after today, anyway.

I'm so excited for the upcoming world cup. After the last lot of tests and the 6 nations I was optimistic of out chances. Sadly after yesterday not so much. Is there a more frustration team to follow than England?? That said it wasn't an A team (no Hannibal) and I'm sure Johnson is just giving all his players a chance to put their hands up for rwc squad selection. We always do pretty well come world cup time anyways.

I'll be a die hard supporter until the day I shuffle of this mortal coil tho.

I know its not the world cup yet but wasntstarting a new thread just to say the following....

How poor were England today. Made shocking errors and paid for it.

Well done Wales. You made mincemeat of our errors :)

It will certainly upset and annoy Johnson. The one (slightly) mitigating circumstance will be that those 13 people he brought in to replace the starting XV from last week, won't be starting in the World Cup.

Not after today, anyway.

I'm so excited for the upcoming world cup. After the last lot of tests and the 6 nations I was optimistic of out chances. Sadly after yesterday not so much. Is there a more frustration team to follow than England?? That said it wasn't an A team (no Hannibal) and I'm sure Johnson is just giving all his players a chance to put their hands up for rwc squad selection. We always do pretty well come world cup time anyways.

I'll be a die hard supporter until the day I shuffle of this mortal coil tho.

I didn't see the game, although did read about it on the website. Sounds to me that we should have easily won, but what happened, apart from our inability to score a try?! It sounds all too depressing and I hope lessons are learned before we get on that plane to NZ.

I didn't see the game, although did read about it on the website. Sounds to me that we should have easily won, but what happened, apart from our inability to score a try?! It sounds all too depressing and I hope lessons are learned before we get on that plane to NZ.

I thought you were in Wales to watch it!!!

Tut tut call yourself a fan Agent Orange :shakes:

I thought you were in Wales to watch it!!!

Tut tut call yourself a fan Agent Orange :shakes:

Nah, I was there to climb up a mountain :) I am glad I didn't get to see it now. Yeah, I am not much of a fan :P

Shockingly bad in attack. Missed passes, butchered what overlaps we managed to create. Banahan murdered our best chance one on one with a man half his size! I've read people saying we were trying to be to creative but I think we were just poor on the day. Also we couldn't turn our dominance at the scrum into anything particularly meaningful.

Second half was really where it went bad though. Didn't commit to rucks and got turned over loads, error count must have been at least twice as high as the first half; just wern't able to turn the great deal of pocession and territory into points ... or at least not enough of them.

Hape and Banahan had shockers; Foden barely got to touch the ball in the first half; Wiggleworth didn't look convincing either (but he went off injured anyways) which is bad as Care is apparently out of the world cup with an injury now and I'm not sure who MJ has in mind as back up to Youngs besides WW. Simpson, Young, Dickson??? Have to go with Simpson, I think he was in the 45 man squad but certainly hasn't had game-time since the season ended.

Shockingly bad in attack. Missed passes, butchered what overlaps we managed to create. Banahan murdered our best chance one on one with a man half his size! I've read people saying we were trying to be to creative but I think we were just poor on the day. Also we couldn't turn our dominance at the scrum into anything particularly meaningful.

Second half was really where it went bad though. Didn't commit to rucks and got turned over loads, error count must have been at least twice as high as the first half; just wern't able to turn the great deal of pocession and territory into points ... or at least not enough of them.

Hape and Banahan had shockers; Foden barely got to touch the ball in the first half; Wiggleworth didn't look convincing either (but he went off injured anyways) which is bad as Care is apparently out of the world cup with an injury now and I'm not sure who MJ has in mind as back up to Youngs besides WW. Simpson, Young, Dickson??? Have to go with Simpson, I think he was in the 45 man squad but certainly hasn't had game-time since the season ended.

4 days to go before the world cup kicks off!!

4 days to go before the world cup kicks off!!

I know man, excited is not the word!!! I'll be trying to watch as many matches as I can.