Watch out round Manor Top

Just had a wierd day.

Was driving from Gleadless to Frechville. I went down Mansfield Road to the lights near the fire station and whilst waiting for them to change I saw a kid on a scooter with no helmet on ride up to the offside of this taxi.

The rider leant in to the car and snacthed the drivers bum bag which had his takings in.

He flew across the road towards me and I tried to block him off with my van but he took of over the grass and got away.

The main point of this post is to let you all know to be careful up there as this toe rag on the scooter was very slick, he was in the cab (through the open drivers window I should add) and off over the road in seconds.

It made me think and I've had my doors locked all day since.

The wierdest bit though was the taxi driver.

When he relized what had happed and saw I had tried to stop the thief, he came over to me but when he heard me giving the registration number of the scooter to the police on the phone he took the horrors and shot off in his car mumbling something about "they wont catch him anyway"

Now if this had been me I would have waited for the police to come and search the area to try and get my dosh back, but he had other ideas.

At work we were thinking the driver might have no insurance or be on the dole and working or something along those lines.

Anyhoo keep a look out at those lights ,cause if he's got away with it once you know he'll try it again.

:suspect: :suspect:

So you don't think he shot back to the cab to 'air' the details of the scrote then?

That's one scrote on a scooter v Sheffield's entire squadron of taxis

Who do you think will be more effective? Who do you think has more cars? the police, or the taxi drivers ;)

If he was going to do that dont you think he would have waited to get the registrartion of the motor cycle?

Dont know why the driver of the cab ran off, he certainly woulndnt be able to "air the details" as, like sheffbag said he had no number plate detail.

I hope there was nothing sinister, it was probably just shock.

theres plenty of stolen scooters on the manor, with or without the "plastics" and reg plates, bet it got burnt out somewhere soon after...:mad:

Seems a bit iffy, the driver not interested in reporting the theft.

Perhaps our scooter robber had picked on an illegal taxi driver??

Could be a bit of poetic justice.

Originally posted by scarby

theres plenty of stolen scooters on the manor, with or without the "plastics" and reg plates, bet it got burnt out somewhere soon after...:mad:

We noticed this ourselves... The other week whilst just out shopping... There was a scooter rider sat very impatiently at the traffic lights in front of us near Parklands...

He kept looking back in a kinda paniced way... as if he was watching out for something... trying to get away fast... Police we expected!

Anyway we got drawn to his number plate... PI55 OFF... :suspect: he was wearing a crash helmet (not that it makes it any better)... but there was definitely something dodgy... may well have been nicked! :rant:

Originally posted by Nimrod

Seems a bit iffy, the driver not interested in reporting the theft.

Perhaps our scooter robber had picked on an illegal taxi driver??

Could be a bit of poetic justice.

yhe driver was probably not the liscensed driver,so he wouldnt want the police there:suspect: