Stars & Mayfair Wedding Package.. Help?

I've booked Stars & Mayfair for my reception, with their £999 wedding package, which includes a buffet.

I know for different party types, you can provide your own catering, I'm happy to go with theirs as its included, BUT, if there is something in particular that I want on my buffet that they don't do, would I be able to add to it myself? Could I also add extra dessert items too?

I did just ring to enquire but there is nobody there to answer my questions until tomorrow, so hopefully get a bit of help off you lot first! x

Im not sure about adding food but nearly all venues charge a fee if you bring your own drink, but then again you provide your own wedding cake which is essentially food?:confused:

Hmmm, I know a lot of venues have a policy of 'no outside catering' but they do allow it. had their buffet not been included in the price, I would have wanted to provide my own. They have changed the menu since I booked too, and there are a few things missing that I would quite like, but don't want to pay £8 per head for extra food! Will have to ring them back tomorrow :)

Hi me and my partner booked our wedding reception at stars n mayfair few week back for August next year we booked the wedding package to but we heard off our balloon lady that they are stopping the champange arrival and instead they are putting an extra 50 onto the buffet

Hi me and my partner booked our wedding reception at stars n mayfair few week back for August next year we booked the wedding package to but we heard off our balloon lady that they are stopping the champange arrival and instead they are putting an extra 50 onto the buffet

Hmmm Not sure, if your contract (as mine does) has the drinks on arrival listed, can they change it? xx

Just seen on the website it has indeed changed, it was cold buffet for 150, drinks on arrival...

Now its cold buffet for 200, and complimentary champagne for the bride and groom

Still haven't managed to speak to anyone yet either, hes meant to call me back today

Finally had an answer!

Yes, I can bring as much extra food as I like :) Either I can bring it myself, or they can do it for me

As for the change of package, as I booked before the change, I get what I booked for (just have to remind them when I pay my balance), apparently the change in buffet size and no drinks on arrival is to match what most people have been asking for recently x

ooo thats good i might do that as im worried about there not being enough food as people like to pile their plates but as my family not champange drinkers im going to take up the extra 50 on top of the 150 i already got thankyou xxxxx

The drinks on arrival doesn't just cover champagne as far as I know, its pints, soft drinks, and glasses of wine I think. The new package gives you a free bottle of champagne and your guests no drinks, but 50 extra heads on the buffet xx

I'm going to stick with the drinks on arrival and bring a few extra food bits :)

That sounds better as we are aware its champange but we will check up and get it in writing so that we have it in black and white, still carnt make my mind up about an extra 50 on buffet or drinks hmmm

My family are quite big eaters, and drinkers. His family are big drinkers. I best go with the drinks, and add a few extra foods I think :hihi: People only go to weddings to get drunk, don't they? x

My husband worked there years back have got to have improved some on the catering.