'Flash robs'- will they hit Sheffield?

You reap what you sow...take note Mr clegg and Mr Cameron...

How are they to blame?

It would be interesting to know just how many of the people doing this are unemployed youths.

Perhaps more than 20%.

What with 20% of the youth being unemployed.

There used to be a time where man who could not provide his son a job/trade, would essentially forfeit his right to old age care.

The longer the youth unemployment lasts, the longer it goes on. The less your pension is worth.

You reap what you sow.

Mortgaged up to the hilt, in negative equity, without a pension and 2.1 unemployed children. And you really thought that credit card funded holiday to Turkey was a good idea? Yet you wouldn't want those buggers joining the EU, depressing our wages further...

Oh dear.

How are they to blame?

I'm still surprised nobody on here hasn't tried blaming the whole thing on Mrs Thatcher :D

There only the same as a bunch of football hooligans.:roll:

Perhaps more than 20%.

What with 20% of the youth being unemployed.

There used to be a time where man who could not provide his son a job/trade, would essentially forfeit his right to old age care.

The longer the youth unemployment lasts, the longer it goes on. The less your pension is worth.

You reap what you sow.

That's what I was thinking.

We now have record levels of youth unemployment coupled with instant communication so its hardly a surprise that things like this happen quickly.

I notice the bbc news cutting short an interview with someone who's view was very critical. They were saying that the youth can see MP's fiddling and getting away with it, Police taking backhanders, bankers that caused problems being paid high bonuses, private and expensive housing being built while they live in deprive situations and so they were just taking a bit for themselves.

Its no excuse but I can understand their frustrations at what is going on around them. It seems that very little has been learnt from previous riots, although this has not yet been declared as a riot.

I didn't live in Sheffield in the early 1980s but when there were the Brixton & Toxteth riots in 1981, did Sheffield have any riots?

I remember there was trouble, but not on the scale of Brixton and Toxteth. I seem to think it happened in the Wicker, anyone recall?

Actually Wikiwhatnot has this

The Sheffield riot occurred on 9 July[1981] in and around Sheffield Town Hall. The exact cause is unclear. 14 policemen and 5 civilians were injured, 20 arrests were made, and several offices inside the Town Hall were badly damaged with several trees being set alight outside.

Can't say I recall that!

Edited by algy

I'm still surprised nobody on here hasn't tried blaming the whole thing on Mrs Thatcher :D

No she was responsible for the

that these will copy.

There only the same as a bunch of football hooligans.:roll:

Only an American could say that ……… anyway its Soccer to you. :D

Only an American could say that ……… anyway its Soccer to you. :D

But I'm English, so it's still Football to me :D

In reply to the op, since Sheffield has a high infestation of chavs then I would say riots are inevitable.

If we had the police of old like back when we had the flying squad, then maybe we wouldn't have this vermin walking the streets.

Quick update- it's hit Birmingham and now Liverpool!