Wentworth Garden Centre

ive had a couple of fish from there...look nice and healthy but to be honest lasted a matter of weeks yet my other fish that ive had months and months are fine!

ive had a couple of fish from there...look nice and healthy but to be honest lasted a matter of weeks yet my other fish that ive had months and months are fine!

I had one batch and they didn’t last long, I put it down to bad look, I had another batch and they went the same way. :(

i always buy my plants from there, you guaranteed to have the healthiest plant you can buy, they look after them, feed well, you don’t get that in say B&Q, our garden is by far the best in our area, full of colour and a large variety of plants

some people just cant afford to buy from wentworth, but it you can then good on ya

The Valleyside Garden Centre is the best one in Sheffield in my opinion. It's on the A57 just past Crosspool opposite what was once the Bell Hagg Inn.

I love Wentworth garden centre and visit it at least once most weeks. The cafe is fabulous with some of the best food I have found especially cakes and pastries. The staff are friendly and approachable with a wealth of knowledge to share. As for the plants I am no great gardener but I bought several plants there earlier this year inclusing tomato plants. I have never seen such vigorous healthy plants or such a heavy crop of tomatoes.

I have also found the plants to be very good and healthy from there...the cafe now is a disappointment to me to be honest the prices have gone up to pay for the new building, a piece of cake now costs almost what a full cake costs in their shop, and it has now lost all of the character that the old cafe had, its like eating lunch in Morrisons now.

Most of all I am gutted to hear that you now have to pay to go into the gardens, I absolutely love the gardens but I won't pay lots of money to go in, all in all its looking like a very expensive and commercial experience for an afternoon now :(

They started charing to go in after the historic gardens suffered vandalism. Given they pay to maintain them seems reasonable to charge and it's only £1.50.

I've had quite a few fish from there, and not had any problems.

For plants, I get most of mine from Loxley.

They started charing to go in after the historic gardens suffered vandalism. Given they pay to maintain them seems reasonable to charge and it's only £1.50.

It adds up when a family visits. This lot are a bigger load of moneygrabbers than the Fitzwilliam family were. They charge high prices at their peril, loads wandering around but not many people taking stuff out to their cars. I used to buy there, but not any more.

its out Rotherham way, been there today. good for somewhere to kill a few spare hours. was a little disappointed that the detention centre had gone.

It adds up when a family visits. This lot are a bigger load of moneygrabbers than the Fitzwilliam family were. They charge high prices at their peril, loads wandering around but not many people taking stuff out to their cars. I used to buy there, but not any more.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Can't imagine they're taking that much money.