We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

I hope the blueray doesn't disappoint too much !

Apparently they did a new 2k scan for the blueray

but dont forget , you cant polish a t**d ! :D

Absolutely, wasn't expecting it to look new, it received it this morning. The image is of course grainy but definitely, the best release of it to date, The most noticeable improvement is the sound which has been cleaned up a fair bit.

I have just pre-ordered the dvd on amazon because i have never seen the film.I am a big fan of the similar 28 days later and 28 weeks later and i am legend.I think i will enjoy the film.

I have just pre-ordered the dvd on amazon because i have never seen the film.I am a big fan of the similar 28 days later and 28 weeks later and i am legend.I think i will enjoy the film.

There are no monsters in this one except maybe people in the way they treat each other. It's more of a what if documentary than an action / horror movie

If you like that kind of thing, give "By Dawn's Early Light" a try. American TV movie about, ironically, our twin city Donetsk being nuked.

It's a fantastic, if slightly disturbing film, seeing this has made me want to dig my dvd out again. I wasn't aware there was a blu ray of it though until now.

Does anyone remember when Threads was being filmed in Sheffield, as part of the promotion they had drawn outlines of people supposedly burned into the ground in various places around town? Did i imagine this? My mother can't remember this happening (or anyone else i've asked for that matter). I'm beginning to think i've imagined it.

Does anyone remember when Threads was being filmed in Sheffield, as part of the promotion they had drawn outlines of people supposedly burned into the ground in various places around town? Did i imagine this? My mother can't remember this happening (or anyone else i've asked for that matter). I'm beginning to think i've imagined it.

I seem to remember it but i did drink a lot back in the eighties so its a little fuzzy.:hihi::hihi:

Its similar in being post apocalypse, although its starts before, and during the bomb dropping (thats immense) and then people dying and surviving afterwards.

Brilliant film, still hard hitting now, showing the absolute horror and being from Sheffield it makes it even more so.

Its similar in being post apocalypse, although its starts before, and during the bomb dropping (thats immense) and then people dying and surviving afterwards.

Brilliant film, still hard hitting now, showing the absolute horror and being from Sheffield it makes it even more so.

got to agree, although set in the eighties its still relevant and makes you realise if the proverbial hits the fan we are on our own.