Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

Dont buy it! it kept me awake at night for ages worrying about the possibility of nuclear attack, it all seemed so real, even though the special effects are rubbish. Good film though.

you can watch the FULL FILM on YOUTUBE for free also

They showed us Threads whilst we were at school....petrified me, I spent the next 6 weeks walking around staring upwards

Yay Threads! Haven't read all this thread, but I was one of the extras on the Moor scene, with my then 18 month-old toddler (she's now 28!) It was my brown Mclaren buggy lying on it's side during that scene. The stage direction was that if your surname was between A - M you froze on the spot when the signal was given & if your surname was N - Z you ran round like crazy.

I was also in demonstration bit when the Sally Army came round the corner - that was impromptu - they just appeared. & also in the aftermath when everyone was walking round in a daze. It was funny, cos when it was being filmed, we were told to come in old clothes, & everyone came wearing afgans, duffle coats, flares etc. that had gone out of fashion over a decade before!

The best bit was watching the make-up artists painting everyone with wounds etc - fascinating. :)

They showed us Threads whilst we were at school....petrified me, I spent the next 6 weeks walking around staring upwards

Sorry, but I was one of the teachers showing it.

They also have this one at £4.99 free delivery, i'm guessing because it's not got the original artwork it has a lesser collector's value

here.. http://http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0009S9LNK/ref=asc_df_B0009S9LNK1686351?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B0009S9LNK

Sorry, not too clued up on linking websites, appears that link is broken, but if you search threads DVD on amazon it shows it

Which is the original artwork? Mine has a mushroom cloud at the top, "Threads" in gold italic across the middle and lots of faces at the bottom.

Which is the original artwork? Mine has a mushroom cloud at the top, "Threads" in gold italic across the middle and lots of faces at the bottom.

Thats the one i have too. It must be the newer one as in small print on the back it has a copyright to 2000 Revelation Films - im guessing they re-released it in 2000?

Thats the one i have too. It must be the newer one as in small print on the back it has a copyright to 2000 Revelation Films - im guessing they re-released it in 2000?

yeah thats the reissue, i believe the dvd only came out for a very short time before then, then vanished for years, thats why it can cost so much, i was after it on dvd for years and it wasnt available, then suddenly it came out again

Confused :confused:

Are you saying the "later copy" came out first?

Anybody seen this before?

Its the Film (made by Barry Hines of Kes fame) which shows the lives of 2 sheffield families in the aftermath of a nuclear strike on sheffield

(from IMDB: Documentary style account of a nuclear holocaust and it's affect on the working class city of Sheffield, England; and the eventual long run affects of nuclear war on civilization.)

Reece Dinsdale & the blowing up of the Moor Woolies. Great stuff.