Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

Originally posted by Craig7777

Watched this film the other night

Felt like slitting my wrists at the end

Even had a dream about it last night but i was holding up at meadowhall

Is it just cause its filmed in sheffield it effected me so much?

craig

i think i was 13 when it was on tv and i remember having nightmares for a few days too!

:|

Originally posted by RPG

Anybody seen this before?

Its the Film (made by Barry Hines of Kes fame) which shows the lives of 2 sheffield families in the aftermath of a nuclear strike on sheffield

(from IMDB: Documentary style account of a nuclear holocaust and it's affect on the working class city of Sheffield, England; and the eventual long run affects of nuclear war on civilization.)

ive been waiting months for a copy and it finally arrived this morning :)

Originally posted by max

Moved, ta.

great work

having just watched the film i found it quite disturbing however,i think there's a few places on this earth tha\t would actually benifit from nuclear attack,or to put it another way the rest of the world would benifit if these places were nuked..

Yeah, I watched it recently, and it depressed me to pieces. I don't think I've watched a film in my adult life that has moved me that much. Stayed awake most of the night thinking about it. Still, I think it's a great film. Not one that I'll be watching again and again though.

Yeah, I watched it recently, and it depressed me to pieces. I don't think I've watched a film in my adult life that has moved me that much. Stayed awake most of the night thinking about it. Still, I think it's a great film. Not one that I'll be watching again and again though.

I not watched it in years, since I was at school in drama class, it freaked me out and gave me sleepless nights.

Hi all, me yet again, I made a request last post I made, but it got lost in the midst of the rest of the threads that was made, anyways......

I am after the film Threads, that's the one with the Nuclear attack on Sheffield one, I have searched everywhere, but not had any luck so far, I am after a copy, not bothered if it is not the original and I am willing to pay for one, so easy cash for anyone who can be bothered to run a copy off.

Also, I doubt it, but might as well ask, I am after a series called The Last Train that was shown on TV some time ago, any help would be greatly appreciated.

have you tried ebay?

here is a bbc news article on the original public information film which appears in threads. looks like the beeb have done a story on this as part of their festival of public information films. hmmm, whatever next? the film, entitled protect and survive - action after warnings was made in 1975 (some years before threads was made). the music on this film, reminds me of threads and sends a chill down the spine.... huhhhhh!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4743384.stm

I HAVE THE ORIGINAL VIDEO OF THREADS FROM THE SHEFFIELD UNIVERSITY

WHAT THEY WERE USING BEFORE THE FILM WENT PUBLIC.

AT THE BEGINING IT DOES SHOW what to do in the event of a nuclear war.

juliediane