Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

I got a dvd copy of this a while back from a naughty place. Still havent watched it though. gotta get round to that.

Someone mentioned earlier in thread about Sheffield films and that there weren't many.

Three more I can think of are 'Among Giants' 'Whatever Happened to Harold Smith?' and 'The Principles of Lust'.

Just remembered, there was another film in cinemas last year about some muppet who goes a 'mega road trip' on his scooter. To Blackpool from Sheffield - what an epic. But it was made almost interesting by the weird geography, Strines Inn, Meadowhall and Penistone, but not quite in the right order! Not a very good film. At all.

Hi all, not been on here for ages. I'm looking for a copy of the film Threads that was filmed in Sheffield in the 80's. Does anyone know where I can get a copy please? Also, apart from Threads and the other famous one about steelworkers gettin their kit off, oh come on, you know the one, does anyone know of any other famous film or tv series filmed in or about Sheffield? There was the one called the last train.

If you do a search, you'll find there's been loads and I mean LOADS of threads about threads :D

You'll find all the info you want in one of those..

Thx Rich. I Probably should have done that first

Just looked on Ebay and theres tons of them. Most are selling for about a tenner on buy it now, however one is going for 30 quid............strange

There was a Police show a few years back as well that was based in Sheffield, can't remember the name of it but I think it was supposed to be a sort of Northern version of The Bill.

Originally posted by Rich

There was a Police show a few years back as well that was based in Sheffield, can't remember the name of it but I think it was supposed to be a sort of Northern version of The Bill.

Yep, the 'police station' was at Brightside, they used to film while I was working the night shift next door at a steel works. I think it was called "Out of the Blue" or something like that.

Originally posted by alchresearch

Yep, the 'police station' was at Brightside, they used to film while I was working the night shift next door at a steel works. I think it was called "Out of the Blue" or something like that.

Yes it was filmed outside where I work on Carlisle Street East. It was the old Firth Brown tools officers(Now belongs to BTCV). The pub they went towas on Blonk Street and has now been pulled down and is part of the top car park below the Durham Ox

Do you mean the old blue ball on broad street?

Thats it!

Think they also used parts of the low flats on the bend of Park Grange road. Or was that when Saturday comes?

Originally posted by desy

Yes it was filmed outside where I work on Carlisle Street East. It was the old Firth Brown tools officers(Now belongs to BTCV). The pub they went towas on Blonk Street and has now been pulled down and is part of the top car park below the Durham Ox

When was that please? Me and my mates were asked to be filmed walking down the street for a television programme that was being filmed in Sheffield - that name possibly rings a bell but never saw it.... was it a one off or a series?