Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

Originally posted by RPG

lol, remember my copy is a DVD, i tried before but the macrovision on the dvdplayer and VHS recorder gives me a blank screen :(

I could do you a "backup" version with macrovision/region information removed. The wonders of DVD writers :).

Anyway I checked on a few online rental places and can't find either, but i can request something they dont have and apparently they will "most likely" get it for me, will try that :).

Really wanna see this "Threads" and I remember "The Last Train" from tv, enjoyed it but missed 1.

Thanks for the help that you have given so far, I haven't tried HMV but I did try WHSmith's, I thought that they would be able to get hold of it pretty easily, but they themselves cannot get it.

Brandnewdrunk offered to post me a his DVD copy but I am paranoid about giving out house address details on here, also, someone asked if I was going to the meet next week, well, I'd like to, but there are a couple of points that stop me, one is that I don't know enough people from the forum to go, second, what exactly goes on at one of these meet things?

And again, if anyone can help with Threads or The Last Train, then am willing to pay or do a favour in return if possible.

Originally posted by brandnewdrunk

Hi, Ive got a copy of "Threads" on DVD, which you are welcome to borrow.

Could I borrow it please ?

I would like Threads too 'cos I was actually in it! Theres a great close up of my trainers going up blood and vomit soaked stairs at the Royal Infirmary (before they knocked it down). It was actually quite moving doing the filming because it just seemed so real with dozons of "injured" people slumped around between scenes. Quite a few were so overcome that they were in tears.

Wow, takes me back to a time when we really were expecting a nuclear war at almost any time.

Has anyone seen the "Protect & Survive" trailers on TV recently? I remember being given a copy at school.

The protect and survive broadcasts are on a DVD called 'charlie says', with other public information films. HMV have it in for about £5.99

Incidentally, you don't need a credit card to buy on ebay. Most sellers accept cheques or postal orders.

If you have a macrovision problem, which is now getting increasing common, download DVDDECRYPTER. It copies the DVD to your hard drive and removes Macrovision protection.

There is a DVD playing program which lets you play protected DVDs from any region without having to copy it, but sadly the name escapes me for the moment.

Originally posted by brandnewdrunk

Hi, Ive got a copy of "Threads" on DVD, which you are welcome to borrow.

where u get that?

I got it from Amazon ages ago for about £9.99, its probably no longer in print, you should be able to get it on video from the library though.

I've got a copy of "The Day After" - the American version a nuclear holocaust. Too depressing to watch, though.

Some information on what people thought of the film can be found here.

If you haven't seen the film and you are intending to, it probably best no to read this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/usercomments

You can buy it from amazon, here the direct link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004U409/ref=ase_imdb-uk/026-5285203-3774831

Thanks for all the help you lot have given, but I have finally managed to get a hold of this film courtesy of the Central Library, should be getting a copy made asap.