Polony in or near Sheffield

:help: Does anybody know if Polony is made in or near Sheffield now, and if so, where I can purchase it?

Sidedgar

Not sure if its made in sheffield but I buy it at the large cooked meat shop in the castle market, sorry dont know its name but its the one in the centre below the steps leading down from the bread shop.

(Wonder how many posts before someone asks what it is ?)

Not sure if its made in sheffield but I buy it at the large cooked meat shop in the castle market, sorry dont know its name but its the one in the centre below the steps leading down from the bread shop.

(Wonder how many posts before someone asks what it is ?)

See here: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=835181

Mmmmmmmm that brings back memories, polony sandwiches with tomato sauce on.

Pork butchers used to make their own. I think Kempka on Abbeydale Rd sells it and possibly Rowney's on Sharrow.

Polony is pork suasage with tomatoes. I think that it is an Italian food from Bologna, and presume that it is the origin of the word Bolony indicating that something is rubbish!

Polony is pork suasage with tomatoes. I think that it is an Italian food from Bologna, and presume that it is the origin of the word Bolony indicating that something is rubbish!

wouldn't that be boloney? and yeah it's typical made with the 'rubbish' bits hence the term.

Polony is eastern european in origin. Most people in the UK just call it luncheon meat, polony is an australian term.

Edited by lectrospin