Trouble in Grenoside last night

Does anyone know what happened in Greno last night? We were in the pub and when we came out the street was cordoned off and there were police cars and riot vans.

No idea. What time? I didn't hear/see anything.

I know the Greno Chase was yesterday, maybe it was something to do with that as they had the little garden bit near the Angel all cordoned off for that. There was bunting everywhere, big gazzebo and a hog roast going on at tea time.

Yeah we were there all evening so saw the chase, I think this was around 11 ish and was further up than the angle, near the juntion. There were a couple of girls int he loo at the Angel saying there was fighting between some girls.

I think the thread entitled 'Police Helicopter' from last night may well be related to this. Not that theres much info there.

ah, will have a look.

I was playing a gig at Grenoside Community Centre last night and at 10:30 my band mates were outside the club on a break when they came back in saying they heard a woman screaming very very loudly and it was really disturbing. Then straight after the road was cordoned off by police cars. It was main road Sheffield side just down from the community centre. I'm no gossip or tragedy hound but checked online this morning as this has stayed with me all night.

From what I've been told it sounds like a bloke was getting a tad cocky with a taxi driver. He was asked to leave the taxi, the passenger(who was tiddly to say the least) tried acting hard and tried fighting with the taxi driver. The taxi driver knocked him out in the middle of the road.

From what I've been told it sounds like a bloke was getting a tad cocky with a taxi driver. He was asked to leave the taxi, the passenger(who was tiddly to say the least) tried acting hard and tried fighting with the taxi driver. The taxi driver knocked him out in the middle of the road.

Thought you got banged up last week? :suspect::suspect:

Plus how is that relevant to this thread?

Edited by rodgers1988
Didn't mean to be rude!