Horseshoe fisheries

The small Tench & Crucians are in pond 4.

By the way I had a word with the main bailiff he told me that he fished the match that was won with 76lb & that the biggest of the fish caught were no more than 4lb.

The peg was 49 & the winner fished just a top 3.

the baliff does spoil horseshoe, he even sits n watches u fishing on cctv (i know someone who was using a sneaky boilie coz small stuff were plaguein him, next thing he come running down, said he had seen boilie on cctv n gave him a warning) if u can jst learn to ignore him n stick to rules, it can be worth it, as fishing is spot on

Azzbo he's quite entitled to keep an eye on folk fishing his water I have no trouble with that, if I owned a fishery I'd make sure rules are adhered to. It's his attitude & demeanour I object to. But I do thank him for putting me off his place as I've had a good couple of years at Aston.

i was reading this and thought it was horseshoe lake in Oxfordshire :) was going say you canner fish on a pole there lol

i know its his fishery but its abit sad sat watching people on cctv, checking their bait. im thinking of having a session at aston, ive never fished it for some reason. whats best pond for decent carp?

There's pond 3 that has the better fish in it also has a few Catfish & the best this year has been 37lb as far as I know. It would be best for you to speak to Tony the bailiff for up to date info.

hi all

just been reading comments on this fishery and its owner and cant believe some of the things ive read ..been fishing this well run ,clean and well stocked fishery for years and never had any trouble from the owner Dave.how many venues do you fish where your money is taken and not a word is said .at least here Dave will talk and give advice to anyone ..as for the bait bans thats caused by people abusing the rules in the past ..stoppng peope walking round ..Great nobody asking "are you catchin" how many you caught" "what bait you usin"and having to watch your tackle in case its trod on.. ChrisT70 give it a try and get to know Dave.as for Azzbo's remark about cctv dont think so unless he's got cameras in decoy ducks swimming round the pond...all i can say is give it a try .get to know Dave and have some good fishing sessions:thumbsup:

That's the ones, the decoy cctv camera ducks, sneaky ens them

joking apart Azzbo you have to admit he keeps the place clean and tidy and if you aint fished it lately have a go ..weve been fishing it every week since begining of March and had some good days.also do you know any other fishery that closes for a day to give the fish a rest ..unlike some other local fisherys the platforms are safe and you dont take your life in your handstrying to fish of unsafe platforms

dave

We had a fishing match here last weekend. Dave was

Very helpful but did insist on his rules which was fine

We all had a great day fishing and I landed 2 x 12lb we will defo

Book a match here next year

hi catdoors

glad you enjoyed your match and caught some carp.if youve never pleasure fished it give it a go... me and my mate have had as many as 10 carp in one day some over 10lb The owner Dave is ok so long as you follow rules

Clearwater is a much better fishery imho.

Carp tench bream and lots of em. Sensible rules and a non arsey attitude towards their paying customers.