Ecclesfield Road Speed Limit

Some people who drive on this road haven't a clue what speed to go at when they go past the national speed limit sign past Woolly Woods. It should be 60 on there and you sometimes get stuck behind someone doing 40, its right annoying sometimes!:rant:

I believe that there should be an automatic 6 months driving ban for anyone who doesn't have the emotional maturity to keep calm because somebody in front is driving slower than themselves.

That should teach them the arts of patience and perspective and make them safer on the road.

Some people who drive on this road haven't a clue what speed to go at when they go past the national speed limit sign past Woolly Woods. It should be 60 on there and you sometimes get stuck behind someone doing 40, its right annoying sometimes!:rant:

Overtook somebody only doing 40mph on there once, they starting flashing me when I'd passed as if I'd done something wrong. Eejits.

It is a speed LIMIT not a speed at which you must travel on that stretch of road!

Yes but when you get silly people dawdling around when you can clearly go faster makes no sense.

You get them all the time on there. I followed one doing bang on 40 and when he turned off to shiregreen he was still doing 40.

i travel at 40 on this road because i want to, if you need to go faster ,simple overtake when safe to do so what exactly are you on about?

I failed my driving test for going too slow! Said I was a danger to others who may overtake

I believe that there should be an automatic 6 months driving ban for anyone who doesn't have the emotional maturity to keep calm because somebody in front is driving slower than themselves.

That should teach them the arts of patience and perspective and make them safer on the road.

Thats the very best idea anyone here has ever had! Top post, Tony!

Sorry, but its a real pain in the rear. Its a national limit, single carriageway... not 40mph! I'm still a chuffing learner and dont do 40 on there. The Blonde is right too.. get failed for going to slow (ie a bend on a national says max speed 50 and you go 30 on your test - big no no, go 10 mph less than the limit at the very most.)

Is it 60mph, is it really???

60mph is the upper limit. There is no lower limit and it is your responsability to overtake safely if you can. It is not the other motorists problem.

You need to chill a bit as its not a long 60mph stretch so would save you 5 mins at most.