Looking at moving to Sheffield

Depends totally on your budget. Not too expensive good family areas are Walkley S6, Hillsborough S6, Meersbrook S8, Norton S8, Beauchief S8, more expensive are Greystones/High Storrs S11, Dore/Totley S17, Crosspool/Lodgemoor S10, Millhouses S7. Outlying areas include Grenoside and Dronfield S18, where you may get more for your money.

You need to list priorities. Do you need schools, a garden, would you rather be close to the center or on the out skirts, do you want an active social life or are you a homely person, what is your budget etc. Answer a few of those and people can give you a better idea.

Depends totally on your budget. Not too expensive good family areas are Walkley S6, Hillsborough S6, Meersbrook S8, Norton S8, Beauchief S8, more expensive are Greystones/High Storrs S11, Dore/Totley S17, Crosspool/Lodgemoor S10, Millhouses S7. Outlying areas include Grenoside and Dronfield S18, where you may get more for your money.

How can you say Walkley is a family area,nowt but back to back houses,cobbled streets and students.

Stay away from Pitsmoor/Darnall whatever you do. :hihi:

How can you say Walkley is a family area,nowt but back to back houses,cobbled streets and students.

I know many happy families in Walkley. I don't know of many back-to-back houses in Walkley - do you even know what a back-to-back is? What have you got to say to the OP that is of use, that is positive, that is helpful. If you can't say something useful why do you post? Bored?

That took a while, but here we go. :D

I CANT resist :hihi:

DONT move to parson cross! It has a large % of unemployed, chavs and staffies! Although not saying all 3 go together! But out of all the places I lived it was THE worst of my life! Made worse by idiots on avisford road corner with a stupid caravan with chav kids and family who didnt but could work who spent all day getting ****** and being loud! Just what you want after a had day at work watching how my taxes were being spent!

Personally i would stay away from all council areas if youcan help it. Private areas are better where a higher % of people work and wont be as 'rough'

Just my opinion!

Nice areas in north sheffield are:

Crosspool

Crookes

Wadsley park village

Parts of Hillsborough

Wadsley

Worral

Edited by iphonelover

We're just in the process of moving up from London with family, 7, 5, 3. Coming from N16 we liked S7, Nether edge area, beautiful houses and tree lined roads, good local shops and close to city centre. The downside seemed to be big houses on small plots, not much garden. Also schools a bit of an issue - we liked Porter Croft but it seems a lot of kids go to private schools so you don't have all the kids on your street heading off to the same school. But we liked the area well enough anyway.

Millhouses, which people bang on about is very nice, but seemed way too suburban and boden for a london sensibility.

Endcliffe and broomhil areas also seem to have a lot going for them.

The typical thing to do if you are selling up in London is to search S7, S10 & S11.

In the end we've fallen for a beautiful house with a big garden in Totley, S17. Villagey, very close to Peaks, but great schools and pubs and decent local shops and good transport links.

Hope that helps?

I know many happy families in Walkley. I don't know of many back-to-back houses in Walkley - do you even know what a back-to-back is? What have you got to say to the OP that is of use, that is positive, that is helpful. If you can't say something useful why do you post? Bored?

I know many happy families in Wybourn,Manor but wouldn;t tell people to live there,a back to back is houses which back on to each other(obviously)plenty of these up walkley.

I know many happy families in Wybourn,Manor but wouldn;t tell people to live there,a back to back is houses which back on to each other(obviously)plenty of these up walkley.

I was not telling the OP to live in Walkley, but suggesting it as a reasonably cheap family area with access to good schooling. I am afraid your understanding of back-to-back housing is wrong. You are describing an ordinary terrace. Back-to-back houses are a form of terraced house in which two houses share a rear wall, or in which the rear wall of a house directly abuts a factory or other building.

You need to list priorities. Do you need schools, a garden, would you rather be close to the center or on the out skirts, do you want an active social life or are you a homely person, what is your budget etc. Answer a few of those and people can give you a better idea.

Well... my mrs would say the schools are priority for the kids... Night life would be good too haha.

Seriously, schools and low crime levels.

Boo to students... Ha ha