Freeview Tuning/ Digital switchover megathread

Our freeview reception has always been dreadful: BBC1 through to Five, the extra Fives (US and Extra), Sky3 and everything between 800 and 810 or so ...and that's it, we don't even get a few pixels for the others.

...but better still, we suddenly lost everything (including terrestrial!) this afternoon, for some unknown reason. I know it's not a digibox compatibility issue, as I tried the wall aerial straight into the TV aerial socket. Nothing but static on screen, and the audio signal relatively clear.

We're in S25 (North Anston). Problem's still here tonight, so Lord knows what's going on (and whether our aerial's gone kaput or something). Anyone else from around North Anston here? Are you getting a terrestrial signal (sound and pic)?

S17 is dreadfull for freeview :rant: , next week our aerials on our estate are going to be moved to pick up from Belmont in Lincolnshire as it gives a better reception than Crosspool or Bradway:o

Does that mean us S17ers will finally be able to get freeview? If/when we do im getting rid of sky to save a bit of money but at the mo its the only way we can get decent reception on any channels.

s6 crooksmoor,reception is always on the blink,unless you watch qvc or bid up chanel,marvelous how they dont get interferance yet the better viewing stations come and go, the click,click,click drives me mad:gag:

Does that mean us S17ers will finally be able to get freeview? If/when we do im getting rid of sky to save a bit of money but at the mo its the only way we can get decent reception on any channels.

If you already have a Sky dish and box you can get most of the Freeview channels that way too. See...

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/satellitefree.html

Sky Freesat

Some channels are available Free-to-view on Sky - these can be viewed on a Sky Digibox, but you'll need a viewing card from Sky. These cards were originally known as Solus Cards, but now form part of Sky's Freesat offering. For a one-off payment of £150, or £20 if you already have the Sky hardware and dish, you can get access to the Freesat channels (around 200 channels of TV and radio).

[Channel list here - http://packages.sky.com/see/FreeAirChannels.aspx?affiliate=true&CMP=AFC-UKesalesAffiliates&P36=AU33LF&PURL=skytv.at/consumerdeals ]

To find out more about Freesat and the channels on offer, see http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk

S17 is dreadfull for freeview :rant: , next week our aerials on our estate are going to be moved to pick up from Belmont in Lincolnshire as it gives a better reception than Crosspool or Bradway:o

Who's paying for that then ? ;)

We're out at Bradfield and get better reception from Belmont, which is about 35 miles away, than we do from Crosspool - and I can see Crosspool transmitter from the bedroom window. :confused:

We did get freeview ( well about 75% of it ) and then some stupid bright spark in November 2007 desided to retune the freeview at Crosspool transmitter and we lost everything :rant:

Strangely enough, my freeview box asked to be reconfigured this morning??? Thats never happened before!

Who's paying for that then ? ;)

We're out at Bradfield and get better reception from Belmont, which is about 35 miles away, than we do from Crosspool - and I can see Crosspool transmitter from the bedroom window. :confused:

Its a Housing Association Estate so it comes out of our service charge.

35 Miles :o its a bit further than that, Belmont is near Louth in Linconshire, must be 80 + at least :D

35 Miles :o its a bit further than that, Belmont is near Louth in Linconshire, must be 80 + at least :D

Our house to Louth is 66 miles line-of-sight according to Google so we're both way out :P

The aerial rigger said the main channels were 500w from Belmont compared to 50w from Crosspool, - at least it was something like that.

we were buying a new freeview box today but was told we are only have problems with our current box because there is a new mast being done at mo to improve the reception.

I find that freeview is always perfect with reception on BBC1 and 2.

It only falters on the other channels when there is something on that I want to watch. Whenever I have ITV or whatever on in the background, when working, or on the computer, it works perfectly.

Good film starts... 'dzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' :rant:, an hour and a half into a film.... totally gripped by it... 'and the murderer is dzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' :rant::rant::hihi: