Freeview Tuning/ Digital switchover megathread

Just bought a Freeview HD box and can't get any HD channels. Even though the Freeview website says our postcode (S12) gets it in March 2010. The World Cup in SD for me....

I'm also in S12 and I get a perfect signal on Freeview HD. Maybe you need to upgrade your aerial, or even just the cable from the aerial to the TV?

You're not missing out on a lot though, yes the picture quality is better but at the moment there are only 3 channels.

Just bought a Freeview HD box and can't get any HD channels. Even though the Freeview website says our postcode (S12) gets it in March 2010. The World Cup in SD for me....

The website postcode checker is a waste of time. I'm on Emley in S10 and can get the HD signal fine - yet the website tells me I won't get HD until 2011.

Your aerial is probably not on Emley, the only transmitter in the region to broadcast freeview HD at the moment. All others will broadcast it the day they finish switching to digital - and that includes all the small repeaters that have never aired Channel 5. You'll just have to be patient - not too long to go now.

Hi

Woke up this morning and turned the tv on and on every channel on my freeview box apart from " dave " its saying no signal !

Is this something to do with the weather or maybe i need a new freeview box ?

Anyone else having the same problems as me :huh:

Hi, yes we have been having problems with our portable in the kitchen with freeview. my partner had to buy another new ariel cause he only had a few channels. its not made much difference but he keeps getting and loosing all the time. the guy where he bought the ariel from said they are doing something with the mast and we are only getting 33% signal at the moment.

Emley Moor transmitter is having improvements done to it until about July I think which means our signal is being sent from a weaker back-up transmitter.

I can still get most channels but BBC ones were cutting out. Seems to have been transferred to another transmitter now though as they're ok again but I'm now getting Cumbrian news on Channel 1 and my normal (wobbly) BBC1 is now on channel 800.

Maybe try resetting your channels? There's loads of info on this on Digital Spy

I was having trouble too. Wiggled the ariel and it seemed ok after that.

We are having our transmitter upgraded so we can get the hd services and we are going digital in 2011

EMLEY MOOR transmitter - ey Moor Transmitter Works: From Monday 14 April 2010 for around 2 months, transmissions from Emley Moor will be from a reserve antenna which may affect reception for some viewers. This is in preparation for digital switch-over work and signals are liable to reduced power and short interruptions, for which we apologise. Digital tick

Over the next week Emley Moor main transmitter: TV (analogue) Possible weak signal, TV (digital) Possible weak signal, Radio (analogue) Possible weak signal, Radio (digital) working normally. Digital tick

Freeview on Emley Moor requires aerial group/position BH, transmitter ERP 8166W, at 572m - EMLEY MOOR transmitter - ey Moor Transmitter Works: From Monday 14 April 2010 for around 2 months, transmissions from Emley Moor will be from a reserve antenna which may affect reception for some viewers. This is in preparation for digital switch-over work and signals are liable to reduced power and short interruptions, for which we apologise. [DUK] Over the next week Emley Moor main transmitter: TV (analogue) Possible weak signal, TV (digital) Possible weak signal, Radio (analogue) Possible weak signal, Radio (digital) working normally. [DUK]

Has anybody else lost most freeview ITV channels this aftertnoon?

Need to do a re-scan - some of the channels have changed frequency (again) :)

Need to do a re-scan -

Almost a daily occurrence here with some channels being weak one day and others the next.

Is anyone else having issues with digital and analogue TV and radio reception?

Was working fie around 8am this morning then by 9 I can't get any channels, signal strength and quality is down very low according to the TV. Tried a friends freeview box and that has same problem.

I was reading they are doing some work at Emley Moor until August which I think will cover parts of Sheffield, depending on which way the ariel is pointing