I liked Orchard Square the way it was

Not forgetting the apostrophe police!!!

If it gets past my spell checker who am I to question it?

Not forgetting the apostrophe police!!!

samstar999 ............... apostrophe police :suspect: ......... Busted

You tell me, you voted for them.

ely - it was the company that own it and control what they do with it?

Why do people feel the need to moan about things when they couldnt be bothered to vote in the first place ,if we dont vote then we cant change ant thing not that I am a goverment fan or anything but it just makes me angry when people dont vote and then continue to moan about everthing

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed tags

samstar999 ............... apostrophe police :suspect: ......... Busted

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Don't forget the Sheffield Forum Badminton Club :hihi:

Goes without saying. I see in the news today there was yet *another* story about gangs of youths being found terrorising OAP's at local shops with feathered shuttles! :( What is the world coming to?

I only went twice when it was like this - it was always dead, and had a odd odour, like gas? The old TK Maxx building had it too, but when they redeveloped it, the smell went! If you liked it so much, you should have used it more - far better to have retail space than a dodgy foodcourt with a suspect smell!

I always assumed the 'gas' smell was from the health store/herbalists that was there. That's no longer there and as the smell has gone too maybe I was right.

Yes, I used to like the Stonehouse

yeah, it's a shame that they renovated it and cleaned it up to become.......a wall.

there was a shoppers creche on the top floor which I only used the once. To be honest it was easier just not to shop. I think they redeveloped it because it was a dive. It was a lot of space for not a lot of purpose.

I can't stand the crappy music they now pipe through the ceilings, it really cheapens the place, it is even in the Waterstones bookshop, I would like to browse for a book without listening to that rubbish. I no longer shop at Waterstones or frequent Orchard Square for that matter.

I always assumed the 'gas' smell was from the health store/herbalists that was there. That's no longer there and as the smell has gone too maybe I was right.

There wasn't a herbalist in TK Maxx downstairs, so don't think a shop that had been in there previously would have contributed... It used to linger in the old TK Maxx lift, but was a constant feature of that old foodcourt... It was a dingy hole anyways:gag:

I know years have passed but I've just remembered how good orchard square used to be with all the eateries downstairs with the fountains and the big crocodile, why did they have to alter it when it was only like that for a short space of time anyway ? why do they ruin everything, the council i mean !!:mad:

They used to have a little man play the piano down there every now and again too. I remember it well.