Where can I buy a caravan mover and also get it fitted?

I was thinking of getting one for ours but dont want to spend a small fortune, we have to move our van up a slight incline to get it out and have seen the jockey wheel type ones, are they any good??

Keep well away from the jockey wheel devices, they are about as much good as a chocolate fireguard on a damp incline .

Save up and get the proper device that fits on both road wheels. They do what it says on the tin, move your caravan, under any conditions.

My last van had one fitted, they are incredible devices. No need to manhandle the van in any way. Probably the best thing ever designed for a caravan.

Regards

Angel.

I would recommend the pwrtouch mover. Brilliant device, copes with our steep drive just fine and brilliant customer service.

Undoubtably the best way to move a caravan is with dynamite.

We had a Powertouch on our caravan twin wheeler and although their aftercare is fantastic their mover wasn't as good as the Truma one we have now fitted to our twin wheeler. It moves it with ease.......!!

Try Paul at Yorkshire Caravan Movers he fits and does mobile repairs and his service is second to none......brilliant service.

Take a look at his website http://yorkshirecaravanmovers.co.uk/

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Has anyone fitted one themselves are they easy to fit

I fit mine from new to my previous caravan, then removed it and put it on my current one.

If you're competent at DIY, no reason why you cant fit it yourself. They are heavy though, so you'll need a helper!

it would save us £150 to do it on our own

Which is why it's worth giving it a go yourself - Trolley jack, some spanners, torque wrench, wire cutters / strippers, pliers, zip ties, insulation tape and an assortment of screwdrivers is all you need!

If worse comes to worse, you can always pay someone the £150 to finish it off

it would save us £150 to do it on our own

£100 and Ill fit it.

I didn't fit my own but I have removed it and refitted it a couple of times for repairs, not too difficult a job if you are fairly handy with the tools although I would leave the wiring up to someone who knows what they are doing.

BTW mine is a Reich mover and has been nothing but trouble since we got tye caravan hence the removal for repairs so I would steer clear.

We have a Powrtouch that we bought secondhand on eBay when it was 2 years old. The 5 year warranty was easily transferred and my husband fitted it, took the best part of a day.

Highly recommended as we are on a very steep road.