B.O.G.O.F. and other shopping things that annoy!

Buy one get one free... sounds good i know but we've all been there, running into the shop on your way home from work to get that bargain loaf of bogof bread and low n behold there is only one left..arh... so is it the free one thats left, and can i walk out the shop without paying.

what about loo roll. sat there minding your on business open a new roll only to find the first 3 yards are 1ply no good to man or beast!!

tinned fruit cocktail (value or not) you're lucky to find 1 or 2 pieces of cherry i ask you has there been a strike in cherry land?

there must be others whats your supermarket gripe!!

Originally posted by lizelard

but we've all been there

Err, no we haven't! I have been told to Bogoff once or twice.

Originally posted by lizelard

tinned fruit cocktail (value or not) you're lucky to find 1 or 2 pieces of cherry i ask you has there been a strike in cherry land?

:gag: The cherries (or so they are supposed to be) taste rough! We should be grateful they don't try and poison us with more.

OK - what the hell is a 'Close Out' sale, and other such ambiguous (sp?) terms like that?

It's the American interpretation of closing down sale.

'To go' and 'carry out' are others that bug me. It's called Take away!

'Do you carry'? instead of 'do you stock'? No I don't carry it, it's way too heavy, but here's one on a shelf you can look at.

Anyway, I was just going to bed...

I prefer 50% off to BOGOF, sometimes you don't want two!

One of the many little dailey gripes I have, mainly in garages is to do with buying sweets.

I'll pop in for some diesel and think oooh I'll just get a mars bar or something. But thats never good enough for the person on the till. They usualy spout.."Do,you know you can get two of these for a pound" or something like that.

When you say no they look at you as if your too daft to see a bargin but in truth theres never much of a saving and even if I did take two, I would only eat them.

And Im fat enough as it is!

I used to work in a supermarket and if you didn't tell people you could get two mars bars for a pound you could be disciplined

Originally posted by hj dary

One of the many little dailey gripes I have, mainly in garages is to do with buying sweets.

I'll pop in for some diesel and think oooh I'll just get a mars bar or something. But thats never good enough for the person on the till. They usualy spout.."Do,you know you can get two of these for a pound" or something like that.

When you say no they look at you as if your too daft to see a bargin but in truth theres never much of a saving and even if I did take two, I would only eat them.

And Im fat enough as it is!

My main petrol station gripe is the motorists that hurl themselves bodily at the counter when it seems that you'll beat them to it! Where are they going that makes it all that urgent?

I hate the way people push prams down one a person aisle in a shop......and just dordle talking to their friend they've just bumped into about how many weight watchers points they've had this week!!!!!!! ARRRRGHHHHH! :rant:

People who leave their trolley in the middle of a supermarket aisle...not to one side, but in the middle while they wander off.

Supermarket Greeters who pat kids on the head in the doorway & try to strike conversation with you when there's 60 people trying to get in past you out of the rain in their half hour lunch breaks!

And while they're wasting their time & hiking the price of snap up to cover their wages

There's 3 tills shut! & a queue as far as Worksop :loopy: