B.O.G.O.F. and other shopping things that annoy!

Originally posted by Don_Kiddick

There's 3 tills shut! & a queue as far as Worksop :loopy:

Hilsborough Co-Op...till workers adept at sitting there looking all innocent and then tossing a "Till Closed" sign onto the belt as soon as you begin to unload your basket.

TOYS R US last night.

Me n R-lass nipped in to get the boy his Star Wars stuff he's after before the boxes are all wrecked.

:wow: offer - spend £xxx on Star Wars stuff n get a £30 star fighter for nowt!

Ace!

Daft fat lass on checkout..

" tchoh! Have you bought all this just to get a free toy?"

:shocked::help::loopy:

Originally posted by Don_Kiddick

Supermarket Greeters who pat kids on the head in the doorway & try to strike conversation with you when there's 60 people trying to get in past you out of the rain in their half hour lunch breaks!

And while they're wasting their time & hiking the price of snap up to cover their wages

There's 3 tills shut! & a queue as far as Worksop :loopy:

A good point well made!

Queues at checkouts in M&S foodhalls - always, always, always! Least they have collect by car though...

In the States we get fantastic bargains every single week on groceries........1/2 price, but1 get 1 free, on sale, clip coupons, new promotional items, and the mark downs are all on name brand products..............also this time of the year your local supermarket will hand out free turkeys to their customers, all good quality meat, can't remember the last time i had to pay for a holiday turkey from a supermarket.

Originally posted by poppins

In the States we get fantastic bargains every single week ..............also this time of the year your local supermarket will hand out free turkeys.....

You also get turkeys around election time..

:D :D

Sorry, I couldn't stop my self .:blush:

What about when you go to the checkout, cashier scans your goods and tells you the overall price.

For instance we'll say it's 10 pounds 52 pence. You then give her a twenty quid note and noticing you've got some change you'll say 'Do want the 52p?'

She then says 'If you've got it'

<REMOVED>, no I was making it up I haven't got the 52p at all, I just thought I'd say it to make conversation. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Edited by esme
Not Family Friendly

Entering the supermarket for just one item only to find they've rearranged the store and it takes you 10 minutes to find it.

Then to get behind a q of people that don't realize that the fewer than 10 items checkout doesn't mean 11-20 items and those <REMOVED> women who don't realize they have to pay for the things in the basket and spend 10 minutes looking for their <REMOVED> purse at the bottom of their handbag :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I FEEL BETTER NOW

Edited by esme
masked swearing

Shops that don't want customers are my favourite hate......

For instance - went into Staples and selected about £50 worth of stuff. No-one on any of the tills - just one person on the enquiry desk at the front. There was already a few customers there and the assistant was phoning someone, and it was taking some time. So, went to the big copy desk at the other side where an assistant was scratching her head next to the ''pay here'' sign. Put the stuff on the counter and what did she say - Do you want to pay for that? (Of course I do!). She started to say well you'll have to join the queue at the enquiry till. I suggested she put all my stuff back on the shelves while I go and find a shop that deserves customers.

Nuf said

The old people that buy a bag of boiled sweets then stand there for 20 mins counting out the new shiney 2 pences that they had been saving then loose count half way through because they were telling the woman behind the till some useless info about their family history

:rant:

Bizzy-Lizzy that was you behind me was it? :hihi:

The people who stop with their trolleys randomly and then have the nerve to tut at you when you are trying to get past. They look at you as if you are something they stepped in.