Eighties nightlife memories required please

Hoffenbraus drinking schnapps night before going on coach holiday to Europe, took a last minute detour by ambulance (so I was told by angry ward sister next morning) to Northern General and discharged myself next morning, got home with 5p in my pocket an hour before setting off on holiday with facial wounds and slight concussion but strangely not much of a hangover. My parents weren't impressed.

Good times were had in The Saddle on West Street, when pubs were pubs on West Street like the Hallamshire, Beehive and West St Hotel. Also the Yorkshireman which is now called 'Lions Lair!' what's all that about? And affectionately remembering the Wap, how times have changed....

I worked in The Saddle for several years (Aunt & Uncle owned the pub) & made good friends whilst having a laugh every night! Those were the days doing the West street shuffle on a weekend then into The Limit and top off with a 'Chubby's Cheeseburger' Sinatras, Henrys, Josies, those really were the days.

Nether Edge Hall on Tuesday nights, ...'halogen' days

tiffanys on london road now a supermarket had some good nights there also romeos and juliets george vi on infirmary road where did my young days go

Meeting mates or a lady of your choice outside Rackhams (now TJ Hughes). Straight across road into the Blue Bell upto Geishas then across to the Stonehouse. After that a walk down to the Mullberry and then into Roxy's!

If you didn't pull (really not difficult in Roxy's :) ) then it was down the ramp and into the Option for some snap, or upto greasy veras!

I also remember Roxy's sending me loads of free passes and a bottle of bubbly voucher for my 18th & 21st birthdays.

I spent many a happy night in the Limit too, loved that venue.

we used to start at the gardens next to castle market then up to old blue bell or mulberry, then the geisha bar which became legends, then the stone house or golden ball, then pig & whistle which became the fountain bar, then if still standing le metro and/or dickens on carver st, then if we were skint we'd go across the rd to 'sinatras' or if we had some £'s left either roxys (my fave) cairos or turn ups - nearly forgot 'silks' next to cairos had an ace happy hour than went from 6 - 8 if i remember right, usually did all that for less than a tenner if we got into the clubs cheap or for nowt :)

Bar Rio on a friday night, brill times had in there. the place was buzzing in early eighties. best times of my life.

Five ways at Owler Bar, (or was that really the 70s?) pie and peas from the 'hatch'. Fine whilst inside but every time I hit the outside air, fell flat on me face in the gravel. remember one time getting well hammered with a couple of mates, one of them was driving us home in his Morris 1000 van and I did'nt want to throw up in it, so stuck my head out the window and he drove as close as he could to the hedges all the way home, still got the scars.

I worked in The Saddle for several years (Aunt & Uncle owned the pub) & made good friends whilst having a laugh every night! Those were the days doing the West street shuffle on a weekend then into The Limit and top off with a 'Chubby's Cheeseburger' Sinatras, Henrys, Josies, those really were the days.

We always started out at the saddle, I can remember seeing Phil Oakey propping up the bar a few times too! And that space invaders machine in the corner was an addiction to the guys with us....

Town just doesn't seem to have that vibe any more :( Not that I go down town anymore, it's rare cos I feel way too old!

eyup Neil hope your settling into the new office?

going in 'Silks' for happy hour before going into 'Cairo Jax' Free b4 10pm.

Same thing with 'Turn ups' on comercial st spent many happy hours in both in the 80's

Blue Bell on high st, up to the Stone house (back room lazer show) out the back to the pig and whistle, down fargate to marples, then into Turn ups for the rest of the night.

Out at 1.45am for a quick burger (ewww) and the night bus at 2.15pm.

Same faces every week, and hardly any trouble!

Oh yes Henrys, more ten bob millionaires per square foot than anywhere in Sheffield :hihi:

True!:) I used to love parking my Porsche outside and sitting in Henrys window watching all the wanabees checking it out while trying to join my group.:hihi::hihi:

Hanrahans, Fannies, Victoria wine bar on Eccie road,

Not strictly nightlife.....but Alicia Kite, everyone went there with no money but a credit card, over priced rubbish.