Eighties nightlife memories required please

what about the pubs real men went ,hen and chickens,cannon, howard hotel,cossack,sportsman,pump tavern,these were the start of your night out before enterin places like wapanteck,dollers,pinkys, o and never forget the bottom of the lane;)

I know where I went-don't remember leaving or who with though...:o

Went to most of above + many others. Drinking in the city centre in those days was totally different to how it is now.

On a Saturday used to start at the Mulberry then the Four restaurants / Claymore then to the High St and the Old Blue Bell then the Dove and Rainbow followed by the Pig and Whistle then Stonehouse, Hallamshire Hotel on West St, The West St Hotel, the Mail Coach then to Limit / Leadmill.

If we went to a club in the week it would usually be Isabellas or Romeos or Turn ups.

Happy days.

You have forgot the mucky duck …………… so many memories ………… happy days indeed.

ok,me dressed in a bright pink rah rah dress with low heeled white ribina slingback sandals and a matching white clutch bag always met at the marples,round to claymore (may have been called something else) circa 1982.across to mullberry tavern,blue bell,geisha bar up to the golden ball,pig and whistle onto brown bear before ending up in roxys nightclub toilet....vomit.....before starting the drinks rounds again :gag:

as said already lager was the drink and maybe a dash of black or lime.we sure enjoyed ourselves back then.still when your 18 you fly! we sure did! plus got up for work the next day going through town only 4 hrs since we left it off to work with a dirty big hangover and a smile :)

The frog and parrot, Kiki's, ..............Gawd I feel old !:)

what about the pubs real men went ,hen and chickens,cannon, howard hotel,cossack,sportsman,pump tavern,these were the start of your night out before enterin places like wapanteck,dollers,pinkys, o and never forget the bottom of the lane;)

:hihi: Sorry, couldn't resist!:hihi:

The Cossack Real Men??????? are you sure Vanman?:)

The Cossack Real Men??????? are you sure Vanman?:)

yep cus only real men wern't afraid of the shirt l...ters pluss they served a good pint,and also you dint have to spend time in the howard surrounded by blades,we new were we would rather stand,in alot cleaner enviroment:hihi:

Wow,what great memories! Garden bar,Bloomers,Venue,Mulberry,Dove and Rainbow, Wig and Pen, Three Tuns,Three Cranes ,Golden Ball,Fountain Bar,Dickens/Le Metro,Legends, Pace Hotel bar downstairs,Blue Bell. And the legendary Marples,packed to rafters every weekend,Wow I miss the great nights in that boozer! I remember the DJ playing "Time warp" and loads of people dancing on the tables and bannister between the two floors! A great era.

Always used to start in the Brewery Tap (under the Mucky Duck) Lady's Bridge for the gold label on tap, The Dove and Rainbow, Dog and Partridge, The Grapes, Wap The Roebuck, Hornblower, Beehive, were some of the places I remember then the Limit or Penny's after that Chubby's for a the best doner made with proper meat not that processed rubbish and the Night Bus home I'm suprised my old brain can remember that

Dickens and Metro..in winter, we used to be crammed in downstairs. All in suits and ties, 'cos you had couldn't get in Josies unless you were suited and booted, and with big herringbone twill overcoats on. We used to carry a hip flask full of vodka to swill between pubs since there weren't so many then and we used to have a long walk from the Red Lion on Charles St. to Henry's on Cambridge St. unless we called in Gossips on the way.

My sisters used to go to Roxy`s, Josephines, Gossips oh my word they used to tell me what a dive those places were they used to say to me you will never go in those places, Roxys had long closed down by the time I was going out, Josephines was Millionaires when I used to go in, then it was Flares I don`t know now as it has been ages since I went out. My sister saw Jason Donovan at Roxys in 1980 something could have been 1989. :)