Eighties nightlife memories required please

I’m presently putting the call out for material for my new book, the ‘Dirty Stop Out’s Guide to 1980s Sheffield’. I’m after memories, pics etc of what people were doing in this age of strikes, CND and Thatcher. Were you at the Leadmill opening or flying the flag at Limit? Did you frequent Marcus’s Marples or did you get all sophisticated at Josephines or Romeos? Where did you drink, smoke, buy your clothes or simply catch the bus to the pub? My ‘Dirty Stop Out’s Guide to 1970s Sheffield’ was a massive hit and the 1980s are going to be even BETTER! Please email at [email protected]

I’m presently putting the call out for material for my new book, the ‘Dirty Stop Out’s Guide to 1980s Sheffield’. I’m after memories, pics etc of what people were doing in this age of strikes, CND and Thatcher. Were you at the Leadmill opening or flying the flag at Limit? Did you frequent Marcus’s Marples or did you get all sophisticated at Josephines or Romeos? Where did you drink, smoke, buy your clothes or simply catch the bus to the pub? My ‘Dirty Stop Out’s Guide to 1970s Sheffield’ was a massive hit and the 1980s are going to be even BETTER! Please email at [email protected]

Went to most of above + many others. Drinking in the city centre in those days was totally different to how it is now.

On a Saturday used to start at the Mulberry then the Four restaurants / Claymore then to the High St and the Old Blue Bell then the Dove and Rainbow followed by the Pig and Whistle then Stonehouse, Hallamshire Hotel on West St, The West St Hotel, the Mail Coach then to Limit / Leadmill.

If we went to a club in the week it would usually be Isabellas or Romeos or Turn ups.

Happy days.

Fannies......................................................................................................................................

Roxys, the rough pubs down the Wicker...

Roxys and fannies,ah they were the days.

Fannies......................................................................................................................................

Oh yes, and Isabellas and climax 2000, and the rest of our time was spent at Michelles Bar or Henrys.:)

limit ......... but Cairo's for best looking women .........imo lol .......... oppsss forgot to add it was romeo and juliets before that, but cant say when it changed, i try not to be a google fact finder lol, your job.......................

Edited by vwcrazed
missed info out

Oh yes, and Isabellas and climax 2000, and the rest of our time was spent at Michelles Bar or Henrys.:)

Oh yes Henrys, more ten bob millionaires per square foot than anywhere in Sheffield :hihi:

Oh yes Henrys, more ten bob millionaires per square foot than anywhere in Sheffield :hihi:

Very closely followed by the patrons of Hanrahans. 80's Sheffield's mainstream nightlife was definitely dominated by Roxy's, but I also had some goodnights in Rebels and the Wap, it was the people not the venue that made the difference.

Dancing in the leadmill and thinking 'it's raining!' then realising it was just the sweat/condensation dripping from the roof...

Good times were had in The Saddle on West Street, when pubs were pubs on West Street like the Hallamshire, Beehive and West St Hotel. Also the Yorkshireman which is now called 'Lions Lair!' what's all that about? And affectionately remembering the Wap, how times have changed....