Letting Buses Pull Out

I have been driving for 35 years but I still remember that in the Highway code it says that if you are able to do so, you should let buses pull out. I always stick to this rule and have never gone wrong. Sometimes I get a thumbs up, sometimes I don't. Doesn't really matter, does it.???

I have been driving for 35 years but I still remember that in the Highway code it says that if you are able to do so, you should let buses pull out. I always stick to this rule and have never gone wrong. Sometimes I get a thumbs up, sometimes I don't. Doesn't really matter, does it.???

My attitude exactly, although most of the time I do get thanked.

Buses are long vehicle and should be given way to at all times.

Why ? :huh:

40 Tonne lorries are longer vehicles than buses ,but dont get or EXPECT priority treatment like buses do,so why should buses get special treatment. ?

I have driven for 20 years. Now I cannot drive because my doctor told me to stop.

All those years I have treated them busses with respect and they show smiles and tap their brakes or show hand, thank you.

Now I know some (not all) treat their own customers like undergrated garbage. I respond to this by pointing my finger down like I tell a dog to sit down when I need them. Here!!!! Sit!!!!

Look them in the eyes like your worse teacher ever would to you and they behave. Show them who is the boss.

A good book and it is as good as driving. Mobile internet and you never have to wait for them.

I remember years ago buses had a little sign on the back stating that you had to give way to an indicating bus.

I guess its no longer a mandatory thing.

Do you let buses pull out as it kindly requests on the back of them? A post on another thread got me thinking about how many people actually do it. I will do it only if I can see that there will be room to overtake ahead when they pull over at the next stop. I don't want to sound like a car snob but if I'm going to let every bus pull out in front of me, then I might as well sell my car and be on it.

So do you let 'em out?

i never let them out, they are ignorant and never signal a thankyou!

i never let them out, they are ignorant and never signal a thankyou!

How do you know this if you never let them out?

It seems the ignorance and arrogance is perhaps just a Sheffield thing. Over here I always get a wave, thumbs up or click of the hazards.

Exactly my point!

Except that it was you who spelled loser incorrectly as looser in the first place.

How do you know this if you never let them out?

It seems the ignorance and arrogance is perhaps just a Sheffield thing. Over here I always get a wave, thumbs up or click of the hazards.

Well I'm in Sheffield, and it is a very rare occurrence for me not to get a wave of thanks when I let them out.

btw, I often let HGVs out also - although less often, as they are not in and out of bus stops in the same way.

Not all of them are, you like most of the public just assume they are!

Ok I'll rephrase that...The drivers I've come across are.

Except that it was you who spelled loser incorrectly as looser in the first place.

Irony is lost on you,isn't it?

considering cars make up the vast majority of road users, i would suggest that cars do own the roads.

Then you would be wrong...so wrong to the extent that you should take remedial driving lessons as you are in need of them