Letting Buses Pull Out

Don't even go there, you me and everyone else knows bus drivers put the indicator on and pull out even though they can see.

And if you read my post i say they pull out on me when i am level with the rear end of the bus in full view of the drivers mirror and nothing to do with any blind spot.

And pull out to open up the view?? a bus is not the QE2 and only depending on the bends in the road behind would you need to do this.

and your point is with the bold? how long was you driving bus for? yes buses do sometimes have to pull out slightly sometimes to see whats coming. fair enough if they do it when your bang next to them then theres no excuse but sometimes, especially when pulling out of a lay by it's nessasary to see whats happening behind the bus

Don't even go there, you me and everyone else knows bus drivers put the indicator on and pull out even though they can see.

And if you read my post i say they pull out on me when i am level with the rear end of the bus in full view of the drivers mirror and nothing to do with any blind spot.

And pull out to open up the view?? a bus is not the QE2 and only depending on the bends in the road behind would you need to do this.

and your point is with the bold? how long was you driving bus for? yes buses do sometimes have to pull out slightly sometimes to see whats coming. fair enough if they do it when your bang next to them then theres no excuse but sometimes, especially when pulling out of a lay by it's nessasary to see whats happening behind the bus

Did you read my post properly? and it seems you didn't read the other posts as i said i drove a 7.5 tonner not a bus.

Most bus drivers you have massive beer bellies anyway ! Does that impede them from checking their mirrors and looking over their shoulders before pulling out ! maybe there's a rule in THEIR works rule book that says " tha dunt be polite, tha dunt smile, an thee wind the buggers up"

You can imagine a "Blakey" lookalikie on parade with them before the waggons roll out.....

Most bus drivers you have massive beer bellies anyway ! Does that impede them from checking their mirrors and looking over their shoulders before pulling out ! maybe there's a rule in THEIR works rule book that says " tha dunt be polite, tha dunt smile, an thee wind the buggers up"

You can imagine a "Blakey" lookalikie on parade with them before the waggons roll out.....

Due to the length of the bus you wouldnt be able to see much over your shoulder, unless they opend the window leaned half the body out, the mirrors have blind spots, if you are in at an angle, most likely due to a car drivers inability to park anywhere but a bus stop, all you will see out of you mirrors is down the bus not behind the bus.

If only you had done the job Garlicmunch and seen what these people have to put up with everyday, i did for 4 years and i will be honest i quit to go work in retail you get less abuse taking a £2 an hour pay drop in the proccess.

If I'm not workin on that day I'll let them go as they're out doin a service to the public. Just ashame they're arrogant!

If I'm not workin on that day I'll let them go as they're out doin a service to the public. Just ashame they're arrogant!

Not all of them are, you like most of the public just assume they are!

point 223 of the highway code

Buses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely, especially when they signal to pull away from stops.

Was just checking to see anyone else had put it before I did lol. I'm all for equality, being both a bus and car driver. Yes, I also hate being stuck behind large vehicles when I'm in my car, but also when on the bus, trying to run to a schedule, it is annoying trying to get through traffic. I'm not a bully and I always wait for someone to let me out and always say thank you. But the ones that try to 'beat the bus', are the ones breaking the law.

Buses are long vehicle and should be given way to at all times. The chances are that if you tried overtaking one on your driving test you would probably fail.