Letting Buses Pull Out

How many people have ever had a considerate bus driver let them out?,,,hmmm.I have NEVER had a bus driver give way to help me out.

That said,,,if I was in their position,I probably wouldn't either lol.

Cars and Buses both pay road tax and insurance... so how can u say just because theres more cars on the road, that car drivers own the road! I drive but i dont treat it as if i own the road! neither do majority of bus drivers! in the time ive been driving, only a few times had a bus cut me off etc.. but! the amount of times a car has is ridiculous!! At least once a day i have a car cut me off etc!!

i don't think anyone "owns" the road, but car drivers deserve priority IMO.

Cars and Buses both pay road tax and insurance... so how can u say just because theres more cars on the road, that car drivers own the road! I drive but i dont treat it as if i own the road! neither do majority of bus drivers! in the time ive been driving, only a few times had a bus cut me off etc.. but! the amount of times a car has is ridiculous!! At least once a day i have a car cut me off etc!!

That's probs because there's a lot more cars than buses so the chances are a lot greater of a car cutting you up.

How many people have ever had a considerate bus driver let them out?,,,hmmm.I have NEVER had a bus driver give way to help me out.

That said,,,if I was in their position,I probably wouldn't either lol.

you must never of seen me then:), i'll always try to get a car out before me if i can. having said that i'm not perfect and have mistakenly not let someone pull out when i could of

i don't think anyone "owns" the road, but car drivers deserve priority IMO.

if you say so:roll:

from what ive encountered, a bit of courtesy is contagious, if someone lets you out, or holds back and lets you pass, you want to go out and do it for others?

this post is going to get laughed at prob but worth a crack

...So do you let 'em out?

Yes; if it's safe to do so, I always let them out. There's more people on that bus than in my car and, anyway, I'm going to get to my destination before those passengers get to their's, like as not, so, what do I have to lose except a couple of minutes max on my journey time. I can live with that. It doesn't cost anything to be courteous even if, sometimes, you don't get it back. It matters not a jot in the scheme of things and I don't see driving as a competition.

I always let buses pull out as well as taxi's, it just seem right to let people go if you can.

no one owns the road. if it wasn't for buses rush hour would be even worse. would you rather all the people on the buses drive into work and add more traffic to the roads? people should learn to be more considerate on the roads, it would be a much nicer place

If there were no buses it would be no longer necccessary to give 50% of the road to less than 1% of the traffic in bus lanes so traffic would flow better. And most people on the bus are on it because they don't have the opption to drive.

If there were no buses it would be no longer necccessary to give 50% of the road to less than 1% of the traffic in bus lanes so traffic would flow better. And most people on the bus are on it because they don't have the opption to drive.

Be honest though how much of the roads are taken up by bus lanes? they aint as many as soem would like you to think.

plus whre are you figures from??

Taxis and bikes also use bus lanes.

Depends.

In an urban area yes, always, your never gonna get above 25mph anyway so why not, plus you'll most likely overtake them at the next stop.

In rural areas no, as already mentioned, i don't want to be stuck at 35mph on a 50-60mph road.

And they also have no control over how courteous (or not) the bus driver is.