Ladies - contraception advice please?

An even better form of contraception, Children.

Don't think that would help somehow :confused:

The only contraception is not to have sex unless you are in a stable and loving relationship.

The only contraception is not to have sex unless you are in a stable and loving relationship.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I would have thought NOT to get pregnant and bring up children on your own is the solution.

Condoms always were and still are the best way to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STIs.

I'm not trying to preach.. I have been on the combined pill, which didn't work for me. I have also been on the mini pill which sent me blooming crazy- terrible mood swings.

Using the pill means taking into account side effects such as nausea, headaches, weight gain, raised blood pressure. Then we have the increased risk of fibroids, ovarian cysts and (non-cancerous) breast disease, increased risk of breast cancer, and cervical cancer if used for more than 5 years.

When you weigh up the health risks associated with contraceptives.... they all hold risks of some type.

From what I know, the most effective with the least side effects is the implant. I, however can't use this option as we want to start trying for a family next year, and I don't like the idea of having it fitted, having seen them in other people.

Then we have the IUD has risks of perforating cervix/ womb, chances of infection etc etc..

Whether its increased risks of cancer, hormonal imbalance, waiting X amount of time before the hormones are out of your system before having a baby.. there are so many risks with contraceptives other than condoms.

My partner and I made the decision to stick to condoms as once he had looked into the ins and outs of health risk, he didn't want to put me at any risk.

When people say "carried away" I scoff- using condoms can be made into a fun part of sex/ making love- there is no excuse to get carried away if you respect your body enough not to put yourself at risk of unwanted pregnancy/ STI.

If you are a single person looking for a contraception (for one night stands/ Friends with benefits- sorry about the terminology), the I would think condoms were part of the bigger picture anyway

I would have thought NOT to get pregnant and bring up children on your own is the solution.

Eh? Isn't that what the OP wants - advice on not getting pregnant. The solution would seem to be a reliable and practical contraceptive method rather than veering off on a tangent about chastity and single mothers. I have a Mirena coil - 18months of hell to start but worth it as it is super now, very reliable and reduces period pain and length.

So we shouldnt have sex unless you want children is what your saying here ??

Thats my sex life over - GREAT!!!!

Apparantly, Casanova used to use a sausage skin.

So we shouldnt have sex unless you want children is what your saying here ??

Thats my sex life over - GREAT!!!!

I wondered about that quote too missy.....:hihi:

I wondered about that quote too missy.....:hihi:

I know, was a rather strange thing to say - just because your in a loving relationship it doesnt mean you want kids :?