Ex Mate nicked my iphone

Sad to say. Trust has become an issue with everyone now even friends. I will never trust anyone unless they are close friends. This is a difficult situation especially youngsters who would be looked upon as a grass if they go to the Police. Today young people do not know the meaning of the term grass. I also suffered a theft this week from a friend. My Nephew used to live with me. Sunday night A young man knocked on my door rather the worse for drink. Last time I saw him was 18 months ago . Then he was a decent lad. He asked where my nephew and partner were living now. I would not tell him without my nephews permission. I said he is now married and has a child that I would let him know to make some contact. He seemed happy with this and asked if he could use the toilet. I let him but at the same time I had to answer the door to a neighbour. I was talking to my neighbour for about 5 mins or so as he came walking back through my room. As he came out of my front door he said Nite and hurried away. It was then I became a little suspicious. Going back indoors I discovered the once nice kid had turned into a vile druggie / robber. I found £20 missing from the top of my cocktail bar, A Birthday card with £20 in it. 2 Packets of tobacco from my kitchen table along with 2 packets of medication ( pills ). The following morning I was ready to go out when I saw a bottle of whisky had gone from the bar as well as some change from my pocket hung in my kitchen. He was very quick indeed. Had it not been for my health and age I would have gone out looking for him. But I have told everyone he knows including his family what he has done. He will get his just deserts. Reporting some things to the police can attract trouble, Also they would not deal with this as it would have been dealt with some years ago. Just stealing medication ( pills) would have been serious enough for the police to act. Not Now. This is the first time my home has been robbed by a so called friend. It will be the last.

OK, different generation, different times. I would have knocked him senseless, thieving off a mate is unforgivable. :mad:

if it was on division street, is there cctv in the area?

hopefully the gprs will get you your pictures back though :)

you can probably get the last calls made from an online bill - save the form filling to give police access to that info via O2

People who do this kind of thing may have dependencies such as drink, drugs or gambling. They're so obsessed with their weakness they're oblivious to how obvious it is to others what they're up to and to the impact it has on others. I knew someone who spent most of his spare income on drink and drugs but he never had enough. I went for a curry with him once. I shared popadoms with him and had a bread, curry and one pint. This mate had popadoms, a starter, 4 pints of lager, a rice, curry, bread, 2 sidedishes, a dessert and coffee. When the bill came he suggested splitting it 50-50. I agreed despite it being the most one-sided deal since the Versailles Treaty but I never went for a meal with him again. And he didn't even leave a tip. People like that are so up their own arse they can't see how others see them.

Should think yourself lucky, one of my ex mates nicked one of the lads wives! He was hacked off to start with, then was rather grateful.

Nicked iphones are about as usefull as a chocolate fireguard as soon as they are blocked you cant do anything with them.

I think your mate deserves a good kicking,dont you.

Ah a kindred spirit, dead right he does, bloody scum bag.

Well that's two of us, perhaps we're a dying breed. ;)

You can log on to o2 online to view your account and with mine I can view all the details of last transactions etc, might lead you to some more infomation, I think it's default that everyone has an account so its worth a try.

Good luck with getting it back, definately report him, if he was mugged as he said he was he won't have any problem dealing with the police because he'll be a victim too ;)

offer to buy it of him then kik his stones if he turns up with it

Not sure which is worse, losing a friend or losing an iphone in these circumstances.

On the flip side, he's got to be desperate to do this to a mate, what comes around goes around after all.

Ah a kindred spirit, dead right he does, bloody scum bag.

Well that's two of us, perhaps we're a dying breed. ;)

Yep still deserves a good kick in the goolies :hihi: