Blueyonder dates for sheffield speed increase!!!

Originally posted by yorksguy05

Telewest, more like Telew**k, crap company, crap service, lie to their customers!!!!

If theyre that bad, then why not just stop complaining, cancel your contract, and find another provider?

Hmm very interesting.

Any more news yet spyro?

Originally posted by yeraknow

Hmm very interesting.

Any more news yet spyro?

Dunno. Im in work tonight so Ill see if I can find out.

Its not good when even their own employees dont know anything. They really are taking the pish with this one.

Just got to mention at this point - hopefully when the new 'improved' speeds etc are reached that the levels of reliability are kept the same - I'd rather have my current slower (1meg) connection which is seldomly not available briefly to a faster but more unstable connection.

Hi spyro2000

Since you are working in Telewest ,can you please find out whether telewest has got any cable broadband connection in the broomhill manchester road area.. it seems telewest is not offering any services in that area after i typed in the post code..which is bad news... we are quite eager to have cable braodband in our house and if telewest can sort out connections to this area..that would be great news to us and all the people in this area . Telewest can get loads of customers here.. . Can you sort out this issue and let me know the details... please.. cheers

srksheffield: give them a call rather than using the online checker. its more accurate. you'll probably find that if you haven't got cable then you'll never have cable (or not for the foreseeable future).

on the subject of the thread, i've heard on the grapevine (for what its worth, which is nothing) that our next date to get our hopes up on and subsequently dashed is the end of jan.

roll on summer.

Originally posted by LL200

srksheffield: give them a call rather than using the online checker. its more accurate. you'll probably find that if you haven't got cable then you'll never have cable (or not for the foreseeable future).

on the subject of the thread, i've heard on the grapevine (for what its worth, which is nothing) that our next date to get our hopes up on and subsequently dashed is the end of jan.

roll on summer.

I doubt it will be the end of Jan either to be honest. All they have told us is that it 'should' be the 1st quarter of 2006, but they havent even got a date for the completion of the work yet. The work and maintenance needs to be completed before the actual upgrades can happen, and this can take sometime.

srksheffield - I doubt there is any cabling in that area, but if you want a definite no, ahem, I mean a definite answer, then call 08009530002, option 1, then option 2, and ask there. They will double check for you.

alternatively have a look at the pavements near your house - there are some tell tale signs of telewest diggings :)

nopes .. called them... they are not having any such plans to expand in the near future because of cost constraints..

apart from telewest which is the other reliable provider... got poor opinion of bulldog, wanadoo, and some other networks.. any input on this matter ... cheers

I found Freedom2Surf to be a very good ADSL provider srksheffield.

Originally posted by srksheffield

apart from telewest which is the other reliable provider... got poor opinion of bulldog, wanadoo, and some other networks.. any input on this matter ... cheers

Common to the two you mention and a few others that aren't so great is the (lack of) cost - you get what you pay for! If you're more interested in getting a good service than saving a few pence, try a higher quality ISP. I used Zen when I had adsl - it cost a little more than the Pipex connection I had previously, but was much, much better :)