Blueyonder dates for sheffield speed increase!!!

Typical isn't it...

We look at buying a house in Hoyland (south barnsley) and find it's not cable provided and the speeds are going to go up at the same time..

To add insult to injury, I'll be paying £30 a month for the remainder of my 12 months whilst getting none of the benefit...

So, it can always be worse... :P

Originally posted by Martin_s

Typical isn't it...

We look at buying a house in Hoyland (south barnsley) and find it's not cable provided and the speeds are going to go up at the same time..

To add insult to injury, I'll be paying £30 a month for the remainder of my 12 months whilst getting none of the benefit...

So, it can always be worse... :P

No it can't! You're moving to Hoyland!

Wilf

10 meg at last and much better upload aswell it would be a nice xmas prezzie :clap:

For all these who said they have no complaints about BY.. heres something to make you think, though I realise were 1 in thousands, but still...

As you may all know, living in sheffield, the council have been updating peoples houses, including re-doing the walls outside..

Once the council had finished our external wall, we noticed our internet started dropping out, and being alot slower than usual..

we reported this to BY, and they said there was nothing wrong, as all ping tests are fine.

it kept dropping out and eventually after 3/4 phone calls, they decided to send out an engineer, he took a look at the PC and modem, said there was no trouble, left us a little thing on the back of the modem he said should help...

It made it worse, so i removed it, The dropping out settled down a little, though the speed still wasnt at its peak, so i phoned up again, after another 2/3 phone calls, another engineer came out..

again, took a look at the PC, and modem, and said nothing was wrong, and he would check the cable out side "YAY" I thought, someone whos gonna actually spot/fix the problem..

he wondered out side, took a look, cant see anything wrong... why?? cause he cant even see the cable cause of the new wall(s) the council have built etc.. he said when he got back to HQ he would put a Watch flag on the line, so if something happened, they would know.

I heared nothing back for about 1 month, and it still kept slowing down, and on the odd occasion dropping out...

I have since phoned thier help line about 8 times so far, and a few of them were outages in this area, which i can accept.. but other times they just run a few ping tests and say theres nothing wrong...

the last phone call I made, i explained all this to them, and they said there was no watch flag on the line, and everything pings fine so it must be ok now..

well, its not, I have been running tests of my own, regular, every day, at random times of day, and to http://www.bbc.co.uk (which is what BY helpline tells you to ping to) we ping about 70ms average, and our highest has been over 150ms...

I have a bandwidth monitor on my PC also, and I have noticed that when it slows down, it seems to be the UPLOAD thats droping out, not the whole connection... I have explained this to the guys on the BY help line and they still insist there is nothing wrong with it...

the second engineer that came out said we may need a 're-pull' and reinstallation from scratch... because the cable may be damaged slightly..

But can I get them out to do this?? nope...

any ways, up to this point we have been reasonably satisfied with the service... Its just I feel as though they wont believe me, or listen to me as to what the problem is, even after telling them what THIER engineers told me..

try the newsgroup - blueyonder.support.access.hi-speed

the by staff who man the support newsgroup are fantastic. give it a try.

when will we be getting our updated blueyonder speeds? says TBA on the website, hopefully it is this month :D

i have 750k blueyonder broadband what speed will mine be upgraded to? 2mb is it or higher?

no you dont you have 1mb.

it was upgraded again from 512 - 768 and then 768 - 1mb.

so you will get upgraded to 4mb.

unless you use a set top box then you stay at 1mb

I have blueyonder internet i think it's 1mb, plus i have blueyonder digital will my blueyonder still increase?

if it doesn't increase because i have a set top box that's a joke and not fair on other people, ntl are now offering 10mb standard broadband to all customer's :thumbsup:

Originally posted by lmswife2005

if it doesn't increase because i have a set top box that's a joke and not fair on other people, ntl are now offering 10mb standard broadband to all customer's :thumbsup:

Its nothing to do with fairness. The STB's are restricted to 1 Meg..

If you have the net via your STB, then all you need to do is phone up and ask for a standard conenction. :thumbsup: