IPhone 5 spotted!!

No proof it is and you cant see any details what so ever! I cant wait to see it because im due for an upgrade in september. but this is, pfft...........come back when you have a photo to get me properly excited :)

OMG! It looks so exciting and different to the other 4.

A fool and his money........

I guess Apple aficionados will be drooling over this in depth review and this thread will cover at east 32'000 pages by the 5's release. :hihi:

It does look awesome though, i have to admit.

I guess Apple aficionados will be drooling over this in depth review and this thread will cover at east 32'000 pages by the 5's release. :hihi:

It does look awesome though, i have to admit.

Hey maegalithic, have a wander over to the 'council house' thread on SF, weve got another midnight idiot/troll! jeezzz LOL

cant wait for the iphone 5. I love apple products :)

OMG! It looks so exciting and different to the other 4.

A fool and his money........

A release cycle of a new model less than once a year is pretty slow, compared to HTC who have knocked out at least 7 new handsets already this year.

Does this one make calls?

A release cycle of a new model less than once a year is pretty slow, compared to HTC who have knocked out at least 7 new handsets already this year.

Why do htc release so many phones in a short period of time?

Dont get me wrong htc release some great phones bar the 'chacha' but dont you think 7 phones in one year is a bit too much?

Why do htc release so many phones in a short period of time?

Dont get me wrong htc release some great phones bar the 'chacha' but dont you think 7 phones in one year is a bit too much?

If iOS was opened for use by any manufacturer, how many handsets do you think there would be?

If iOS was opened for use by any manufacturer, how many handsets do you think there would be?

The fact that IOS is closed could contribute to the fact that its exclusive but it needs opening up to attract a bigger audience and 'android' fans.

The fact that IOS is closed could contribute to the fact that its exclusive but it needs opening up to attract a bigger audience and 'android' fans.

That won't happen, sadly. Apple want total control, as well as the revenue of their followers who upgrade to the latest iteration of their hardware every year. That's why they withhold iOS features from owners of older devices, to 'force' them to upgrade rather than for any technical reasons.

Android devices are ten a penny, but it gives the freedom of choice denied by Apple. Personally I tend to get a phone and stick with it for years, but I know people who change their phone more often than their underwear. I suppose they wouldn't keep churning them out if there wasn't demand.

Windows Phone 7 devices sit in the middle, the OS is closed, but available to manufacturers as long as they adhere to the base hardware requirements. Already doing well, I'm interested to see what happens when Nokia get their handsets out there.

Sorry, I'm rambling again. ;)

Apple want total control, as well as the revenue of their followers who upgrade to the latest iteration of their hardware every year.

Closed systems usually mean secure systems. Android is insecure as shown here.

Not everyone who owns an Apple device is a follower. I've got an iPhone 3GS and so has a mate of mine and neither of us saw the need to upgrade to the iPhone 4.

That's why they withhold iOS features from owners of older devices, to 'force' them to upgrade rather than for any technical reasons.

iOS 5 has very few features which the previous generation of hardware can handle. (The only one I know of is the Auto-Enhance feature for pictures - hardly a show-stopper for those of us with older devices.) It's typical of Apple to support at least the current and previous generation of mobile device - even if in this case the previous generation doesn't get everything. With the next generation of iDevices coming out soon (iPhone 5 is mooted for September and the iPod range is usually "refeshed" then) there will be three generations able to run iOS 5. New versions of all operating systems (computer or mobile device) place higher demands on the hardware so it's inevitable that some things won't work. I've got two Mac minis of one generation and the one after it - i.e. late 2006 and mid-2007 respectively - the latter being able to run the latest version of OS X (Lion) but the former not. This is all down to the processor improvement between models rather than Apple trying to make me upgrade. (Both will stay on Snow Leopard as I don't need Lion.) Look at the "Aero" feature of Windows Vista and 7 - that not being available on lesser hardware yet the OS would still run. The BBC increased the bit rate on downloaded and/or streamed iPlayer programmes a year or two ago resulting in them stuttering on Apple PowerPC G4 boxes - ones on which they played fine before. I could go on.

Android devices are ten a penny, but it gives the freedom of choice denied by Apple.

Here is a recent view of usage in the USA - over a quarter of buyers choosing Apple devices and a fifth being happy with the similarly-proprietary Blackberry OS - between them accounting for 10% more than the open Android world of devices.