Blue building on Ashgate Road, Broomhill

Hi there,

Does anyone have any information on the large blue building at the end of Ashgate Road in Broomhill?

acbkom.png

It looks as though it could have been an old cinema, though I've read it may have actually been a car showroom. Does anyone know who owns it now and what it is currently used for, if anything?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

If it's the one I'm thinking of, It may have been a car showroom many years ago, more recently it was a sort of cafe with art gallery. Think it's been empty for about five years now.

I remember it as a cafe and art gallery. I remember them clearing it out 2 or 3 years ago.

Thank you! And any idea of its name? Was it called Fables? I've heard of a coffee shop in that area by that name but not sure if it's the same building.

I think it was Fable's. Building seems to have been called Ashgate House. Fable is an epilepsy charity. They are now on Glossop Road. You might be able to ask them for more details of the building.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread.

We're also interested if anyone knows anything about who owns this blue building on Ashgate Road. We've spoken to Fable and they don't know anything. We have exciting ideas for what we could do with this building!

It does a bit, thanks! Although I can't find anything online about Crown Holme Ltd who are mentioned.

I guess Broomhill Library is the next port of call...

This building seems to be having a refurb, so it may have found a use at last. Anyone got any details?

It's now white rather than blue.

My husband tells me that the posh lighting showroom that used to be on West Street is moving there...

It used to be the workshop for the Rolls Royce Showroom on Peel Street behind the Broomhill Tavern.