Dog fight on the moor

I feel really sorry for the staffys.

Its not their fault they are violent, killing machines. Its just what they've been bred to be.

I would put the owners down instead and no, that isn't a joke. Wastes of oxygen.

Before we moved there was a dog of similar ilk to a staffy a couple of doors away. A dafter softer dog you would ever meet. So it's unfair to lump all staffy's together as "Killing machines". My own Patterdale Terrier is I suppose nastier than most staffy's, but as he is a smaller breed then they do not get the same bad publicity.

Regards

Angel.

I find this surprising and difficult to believe... there was a crowd of people down the Moor?

I feel really sorry for the staffys.

Its not their fault they are violent, killing machines. Its just what they've been bred to be.

I would put the owners down instead and no, that isn't a joke. Wastes of oxygen.

Agreed,the owners are the ones who need to be put down.

I also witnessed this and phoned the police who have my details I also passed my details on to the the owner of the dog which was on the lead I have to say its on of the most horrific things I have seen, and some of the things people were saying in how to separate them were beyond me the owner of the dog on the lead had to shout at the other dog owner to to make him do something to try and get it off says alot to me also luckily it was an adult holding the dog it could have easily been a child which isn't worth thinking about don't think it would have mattered what kind of dog it was it would have probably gone for it anyway. and NO I DIDN'T STAND AND WATCH HOW PEOPLE COULD WATCH THIS I DONT KNOW

How were they separated?

Didn't nobody try booting them?

Trapped in a shop by a vicious dog fight - it sounds a tad hyperbolic to me

Well if it was right outside the door it's understandable, would you want to walk through it? Dog fights can be quite vicious and it's not smart to get in the middle, OP also said they had their daughter with them, if the daughter was a child it made even more sense to stay in the shop out of the way of the dog fight.

Edited by purple.sarah

We always keep our dogs on leads in busy public places however there are many reasons to take a dog to town, if you live there, are going somewhere there with the dog or passing through. I recently took my dog on a sponsored dog walk in Stockport so I had to go through town to get the train. He was on the lead and very good on the train and in town, no trouble to anyone. Should we not have been allowed to do that (and raise money for charity)? I agree it's irresponsible to have a dog off lead in town, not just because of other dogs but because of the traffic.

i really dont care what breed the dogs were, but something must be done about owers as they call themselves not taking proper care of the animals they own.

It sounds horrible. I feel really sorry for the person that had their dog on lead, you can't blame the on lead dog or its owner for it defending itself against an off lead dog that has ran up and randomly attacked it :(

just witnessed a horriffic fight between to dogs on the moor.

1 was on its lead the other wasnt. they locked onto each others mouths & wouldnt let got. they were liked that for about 15 mins until the police came & managed to separate them.

people were filming it on their mobiles,:loopy: everyone was stopping to look on. :loopy:

why would anyone want to have their dog off the lead in a busy public place? & why would you take you dog to town?

mum was with me as was my daughter they were both really upset byt tis & it brought back painful memories for mum.

before anyone asked 1 was a staffy & the other looked liked a staffy cross

Both the owners are complete ------ put your own description in.

Both owners? So someone minding their own business with their dog on a lead is doing something wrong how?

I was stood at a nearby stall when this happened and to be honest there wasn't much anyone could have done about it. The person who was stuck in the shop was stuck there as the crowd that gathered was enormous and in the circumstances they did the best thing by calling the police. Both owners held the dogs down on the ground to prevent further injury and when the police arrived they managed to seperate them by dousing them in water. Both dogs seemed pretty much ok once seperated and the crowd clapped as everyone was relieved that they were both ok. I think moral of the story is to keep your dog on a lead, especially in the City Centre and if it does'nt take well to other dogs, or people for that matter, keep them muzzled.

I was stood at a nearby stall when this happened and to be honest there wasn't much anyone could have done about it. The person who was stuck in the shop was stuck there as the crowd that gathered was enormous and in the circumstances they did the best thing by calling the police. Both owners held the dogs down on the ground to prevent further injury and when the police arrived they managed to seperate them by dousing them in water. Both dogs seemed pretty much ok once seperated and the crowd clapped as everyone was relieved that they were both ok. I think moral of the story is to keep your dog on a lead, especially in the City Centre and if it does'nt take well to other dogs, or people for that matter, keep them muzzled.

Thanks for the full explanation of what happened, isn't it amazing that everyone was stood watching for 15mins and no one else thought to douse them in water its not rocket science is it :rolleyes: