PC WORLD/currys does it again

yes i did and there sending me £10:hihi:

Good stuff, nothing more annoying than being out of pocket through no fault of your own.

I've had the non existent stock conversation at Drakehouse too! I wanted a TomTom which showed 'in stock at Drakehouse but the manager said he couldn't find it and that Meadowhall retail park was showing one in stock. He rang them and they couldn't find it either, it could have been stolen was the answer from Meadowhall Retail Park. How can a business be run like this, it beggars belief?

you should visit bestbuy at parkgate .its only been open a few weeks .the prices are same online as in store (unlike pc world). the staff are helpfull without pushing you towards items you dont want and theres even seats for your other half to sit down while you have a good look round .

Also there contact number is free ...take a hint pc world/currys .

i used to work for currys and you wouldnt believe the lack of managment on every level. the staff that would be fantastic managers get overlooked and pushy sales people end up with top jobs without having a clue on how to run a store! honestly its crazy. i'm glad i got out :)

Did you really think you were going to get toaster for 99p, You wouldn’t get a loaf of bread for 99p. :roll:

Tha can at Morrisons - two for £1.20 and it's nice as well

Reservations are not guaranteed, whilst endeavours are made to contact customers where possible, it doesn't always happen (its a customer facing environment, not a call centre).

Everyone agrees to the T&C's before placing a reservation, though people neglect to take note of the basics.

It relies on stock file accuracy, and yes, things do get stolen, things do sometimes get miscounted; again why reservations aren't guaranteed, that said, you should always be offered an alternative, and they may match the price provided the difference is nothing silly, but that's discretionary, so be nice about it if you play that card, they don't have to.

Reservations online are not paid for until you reach the store, either.

My Dad went in the other week looking for a Freeview box which he had seen advertised. He went in and the place was half empty in terms of stock and totally empty in terms of customers. All the staff rushed towards him and he asked about the box and then was told "Sorry we don't have that box in at the moment, it should be in later this week." My Dad asks "Can you find out when exactly?" They run off and come back and say "Oh looks like it might be next week now not this week".

They seem totally useless and it looks like they really are struggling now due to places online like Amazon etc..

My Dad went in the other week looking for a Freeview box which he had seen advertised. He went in and the place was half empty in terms of stock and totally empty in terms of customers. All the staff rushed towards him and he asked about the box and then was told "Sorry we don't have that box in at the moment, it should be in later this week." My Dad asks "Can you find out when exactly?" They run off and come back and say "Oh looks like it might be next week now not this week".

They seem totally useless and it looks like they really are struggling now due to places online like Amazon etc..

To be fair, stock allocation is automatic, they can only ever give rough estimates.

The main focus is the 2in1/megastores.

Reservations are not guaranteed, whilst endeavours are made to contact customers where possible, it doesn't always happen (its a customer facing environment, not a call centre).

Everyone agrees to the T&C's before placing a reservation, though people neglect to take note of the basics.

It relies on stock file accuracy, and yes, things do get stolen, things do sometimes get miscounted; again why reservations aren't guaranteed, that said, you should always be offered an alternative, and they may match the price provided the difference is nothing silly, but that's discretionary, so be nice about it if you play that card, they don't have to.

Reservations online are not paid for until you reach the store, either.

looks like someone who works for the company ,then explain this , how about when i pay for a laptop on the phone they say they have 10 in stock take my money .send me a nice receipt and 2 days later find they dont have any and im still waitting for my money back

forgot to add the very nice woman did offer 2 lower spec ones or 10% off a more expensive 1

Bizarre way to run a business. John Lewis do a similar reserve and collect thing. They tell you when the item will be available and text/email you when it is ready for collection.

Argos also do it. They seem to be able to manage a huge inventory of stock with relatively little fuss.