Sign in to follow this  

Control and restraint

The last few posts show some of the problems - people started this thread to discuss serious issues around the moderating of the Forum, and some folks just can't resist the temptation to chip in with their wit.

Lots of people put some good stuff in that we'll bear in mind - also, I hope we've answered a few questions.

If there are any other serious points or comments, feel free to add them and I'll check in through the evening and do what we can to answer them.

If there aren't, we'll probably lock this later tonight.

Joe

I wasn't trying to be witty at all Joe, I just didn't agree with Viking's post and still thought it had a lot to do with the original thread. I didn't result in any name calling or pettiness ;)

Originally posted by twichibi

I wasn't trying to be witty at all Joe, I just didn't agree with Viking's post and still thought it had a lot to do with the original thread. I didn't result in any name calling or pettiness ;)

Don't worry, I don't think it was meant for you.

At risk of getting banned:

Having been on the Forum for a little while now, i have had my first "major" run in with the mods, and the general unwritten rule seems to be dont talk about Mods or Moderating policy in threads. Im sorry but it is true! I had a thread pulled 3 times becuse i referred to a removed post/thread. I was mad as hell until someone pointed out that this is not real . No one really knows each other, and no one really cares if a user gets banned. Sure they will kick up a stink and then thier threads will get removed, but no one actually cares.

Anyway - like i said...ill probably get banned but i feel better for saying it!

I don't understand how this "isn't real", is this not a real computer with real words on a real monitor infront of me?

It's as real as a telephone conversation or a letter, and either of those could see you in jail if you say or write the wrong thing.

If something has been removed though and you persist in making reference to something that's been deemed inappropriate you only have yourself to blame really.

I'm actually really pleased that this thread has been left open and that various mods have contributed, only 6 months ago it would have disappeared so fast you couldn't say "1 day ban if you repost it".

Originally posted by max

Don't worry, I don't think it was meant for you.

I know who it was aimed at and guess what?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Originally posted by Cyclone

I don't understand how this "isn't real", is this not a real computer with real words on a real monitor infront of me?

It's as real as a telephone conversation or a letter, and either of those could see you in jail if you say or write the wrong thing.

If something has been removed though and you persist in making reference to something that's been deemed inappropriate you only have yourself to blame really.

I'm actually really pleased that this thread has been left open and that various mods have contributed, only 6 months ago it would have disappeared so fast you couldn't say "1 day ban if you repost it".

Its not real becuase i have no idea who you are, and can only guess what you really think about issues. You could call me all the names under the sun and i wouldnt care...

Its hard to explain...

Originally posted by twichibi

I know....:)

Sorry if you thought I was having a dig!

Joe

Originally posted by Avalon

Its not real becuase i have no idea who you are, and can only guess what you really think about issues. You could call me all the names under the sun and i wouldnt care...

Its hard to explain...

You can only guess at what anyone really thinks, unless you think people are more truthful on the phone or in person.

Personally I feel no reason to lie or even hedge my opinions a little on a forum, irl i would probably (but not always) be a little less forthright/blunt with what I think.

Correspondence by electron is just the same as correspondence by ink, it's just faster, so there are 10,000 people here that know me better than any pen pal I've ever had.

People seem to forget that the Mods don't get paid for what they do! They just do it for the love, man! :D

Give them a break!

Everytime I read the thread title I think it's about how to control and restrain a person, headlocks, arm locks, pain compliance, etc...

Originally posted by Cyclone

Everytime I read the thread title I think it's about how to control and restrain a person, headlocks, arm locks, pain compliance, etc...

Please, tell us more...