Pikelet; Is this word still used in Sheffield?

PIKLET..A Sheffield area word for something like a 'crumpet' or muffin I think.....is this term still in common use as heard it mentioned today by some old lady on the bus and not heard this term ofr many many ears......

Yes, it is pikelet

Pikelet also means silly person too

I'd never heard of these till I moved to Sheffield.

Marks and Spencers sell them ! yum-yum! :D

This word is still used in sheffield. I don`t think it`s only certain areas that use it. I think it`s just how you`ve been brought up. It`s either a pikelet or a crumpet. Either way they`re lovely toasted with lashings of butter and jam on them, so much in fact that if you`re not careful it runs down your chin mmmmm

:)

Originally posted by pedro1

This word is still used in sheffield. I don`t think it`s only certain areas that use it. I think it`s just how you`ve been brought up. It`s either a pikelet or a crumpet. Either way they`re lovely toasted with lashings of butter and jam on them, so much in fact that if you`re not careful it runs down your chin mmmmm

:)

For gods sake - think before you post!

Heavily pregnant woman here who was just over come by a supernatuarally strong urge for pikeletss, butter and jam I nearly killed myself in my haste to get to the kitchen!

yummmmmmmmmmmm :D

mmmmmmmm pikelets - yes the word is definately still used and sales have now gone up thanks for reminding me

smile

Yep there still around TESCO`s sell them

Luverly with cheese on, slice of tomato, Mini pizza:clap: Think i'll have half a dozen for tea:banana:

we always call them pikelets. Totally yummy smothered in cheese and dripping in real butter.

Droools :wow: