Beach @ the peace gardens

Aug 4th for 2 weeks i think i know for def its aug 4th but not sure how long its there for

Dont know about that one,but theres one in one of the meadowhall car parks between 12th and 21st of august.

4th to 25th I think it is.

Do you know why the name of the gardens were changed to the Peace Gardens a few years back?

Do you know why the name of the gardens were changed to the Peace Gardens a few years back?

No,do tell.

The Gardens were originally the churchyard of St Paul’s, which was demolished to make way for a proposed extension to the Town Hall. This was never built because of the advent of the Second World War. All that remained were the churchyard walls, within which the Council laid out a temporary garden. This was named St Pauls Gardens but came to be called the Peace Gardens.

In 1985 they were formally renamed the Peace Gardens in the presence of a group of ‘Habakusha’ - survivors of the Hiroshima Atom Bomb explosion.

The Gardens were completely rebuilt in 1998 as the first part of ‘The Heart of the City’ regeneration project.

does anyone know when this happens?

August 4 to 28 organised by Farrar's Funfairs in conjunction with Sheffield City Council.

Don't forget it is free admission to the Sheffield City Centre beach, an admission charge applies to the one at Meadowhall!

Might be a bit thick here but what's happening? Apart from I presume some sort of beach is there going to be activities for the kids and things?

Thanks

From 4th to 27th August, Beach, bands playing and entertainers,crazy golf, kids rides etc. Apart from charges on the rides and crazy golf etc it is all free, yes free, no admission charge unlike the one that's happening at Meadowhall where it is £2 to get in, organised by the people who brought Glow World earlier this year.

The City center one is organised by Farrar's Funfairs who will also be visiting Concord Park from Aug 11 to 14 when all rides will be only £1.

From 4th to 27th August, Beach, bands playing and entertainers,crazy golf, kids rides etc. Apart from charges on the rides and crazy golf etc it is all free, yes free, no admission charge unlike the one that's happening at Meadowhall where it is £2 to get in, organised by the people who brought Glow World earlier this year.

The City center one is organised by Farrar's Funfairs who will also be visiting Concord Park from Aug 11 to 14 when all rides will be only £1.

That's great thanks for your response think I will take the kids to town one day to have a look :hihi: