John Crawshaws' Butchers

Can someone clarify: I thought that these butchers supplied local produce. When I've been in pubs/restaurants they state that their meat is local from John Crawshaws.

All beef purchased is supplied directly from local farms in the West Pennine Yorkshire Region (South Yorkshire), from our supplier N.Bramhall and Son who are based at Near Coates Farm in Oxspring Sheffield have been our suppliers for many years. As stated on Website.

But yet in fact when I've passed my local John Crawshaws (Stocksbridge) early in the mornings, I yet see a big foreign lorry unloading carcasses of meat.

And all this time I thought it was locally produced.

Edited by verynaughty
Wrong font size

Surely the people to clarify are crawshaws.

And the quote you have provided only refers to beef. What kind of carcass were being unloaded?

Surely the people to clarify are crawshaws.

And the quote you have provided only refers to beef. What kind of carcass were being unloaded?

Yes I have only quoted Beef but says same for others. Actually could not tell what carcasses they were as I was driving past.

I will await to see what reply I get from Crawshaws! Misleading I think

Yes I have only quoted Beef but says same for others. Actually could not tell what carcasses they were as I was driving past.

I will await to see what reply I get from Crawshaws! Misleading I think

There are a number of genuine reasons why you could see a foreign vehicle unloading stuff. You should probably wait for a reply befor speculating and getting yourself in trouble! :)

Can someone clarify: I thought that these butchers supplied local produce. When I've been in pubs/restaurants they state that their meat is local from John Crawshaws.

All beef purchased is supplied directly from local farms in the West Pennine Yorkshire Region (South Yorkshire), from our supplier N.Bramhall and Son who are based at Near Coates Farm in Oxspring Sheffield have been our suppliers for many years. As stated on Website.

But yet in fact when I've passed my local John Crawshaws (Stocksbridge) early in the mornings, I yet see a big foreign lorry unloading carcasses of meat.

And all this time I thought it was locally produced.

Maybe the foreign lorry is contracted to deliver for Crawshaws.

Maybe the foreign lorry was bought cheap at a auction and they've been using that to save money on buying a new one.

I'm not sure as to which Crawshaw's shop you are reffering to, but I think the one in Stocksbridge has been going to the dogs for years. My Mum used to shop there religiously every week for the family meat and the service was always top notch along with the meat. These days you go in and the staff on the cooked meat and sandwich counter are young girls only interested in gossiping amongst themselves, and about the customers who are stood right in front of them. It feels like you are putting them to great inconvienence by asking them to serve you. As for the raw meat counter well, the staff serving on there are just a joke at how mind numbingly slow they are at serving.

My Mum now shops elsewhere as the quality of the product isn't the same and the staff make her feel uncomfortable.

I prefer Pearsons if going to the butcher at Stocksbridge

I'm not sure as to which Crawshaw's shop you are reffering to, but I think the one in Stocksbridge has been going to the dogs for years. My Mum used to shop there religiously every week for the family meat and the service was always top notch along with the meat. These days you go in and the staff on the cooked meat and sandwich counter are young girls only interested in gossiping amongst themselves, and about the customers who are stood right in front of them. It feels like you are putting them to great inconvienence by asking them to serve you. As for the raw meat counter well, the staff serving on there are just a joke at how mind numbingly slow they are at serving.

My Mum now shops elsewhere as the quality of the product isn't the same and the staff make her feel uncomfortable.

Perhaps we now know where all the retired greyhounds go when they leave Owlerton. Is this a "local shop for local people"?

there are 2 crawshaws brothers i believe ,both are butchers and both seperate busnisess,the crawshaws at hillsborough is the best meat you can buy.no foreign muck there.