What age to play out

due to a few comments made recently,a question id like answering,im a single first time mum so a bit of parental advice from others realy,i live on a crescent and bang in front of my house there is a grassy area where all the kids play,its so close i can see my son on it even sat on the sofa,however majority of time im sat outside watching him,he is only 3 but providing hes watched i personaly dint see a problem,however some people disagree with me what do you guys think x

due to a few comments made recently,a question id like answering,im a single first time mum so a bit of parental advice from others realy,i live on a crescent and bang in front of my house there is a grassy area where all the kids play,its so close i can see my son on it even sat on the sofa,however majority of time im sat outside watching him,he is only 3 but providing hes watched i personaly dint see a problem,however some people disagree with me what do you guys think x

If your watching him outside and you can constantly see him then thats fine imo. If your inside and he's been supervised by older children then I would say that is not fine.

Three is far too young imo to be playing out with older children unsupervised (When I say older children I mean upto say 12ish depending on maturity etc).

You say the majority of the time your outside so this obviously means not all the time so me personally would find this unacceptable unless another adult has agreed to supervise your child.

i meant most of time im stood outside but sometimes sat in house but stil watching,sory didnt say that lolx

If your watching him outside and you can constantly see him then thats fine imo. If your inside and he's been supervised by older children then I would say that is not fine.

Three is far too young imo to be playing out with older children unsupervised (When I say older children I mean upto say 12ish depending on maturity etc).

You say the majority of the time your outside so this obviously means not all the time so me personally would find this unacceptable unless another adult has agreed to supervise your child.

Roo is 3 and she is only allowed on the back garden. I don't trust the idiots round here on their mopeds speeding up and down and the chavs in their tinny cars. If I lived where mummysaz lives and I could see her from sitting on my front step I would let her but round here is far too dangerous.

I agree 3 is far too young to be out playing by themselfs or with older children, my lil boy is 3 and hes got a older half sister thats 11 but not even aloud out and about with her alone. at 2 they dont understand danger & dont listen most of the time

I think up to school age I would have to be there, unless there was another adult. I'm a worrier :hihi:

However if they were in my own garden I would watch through the window, just because I know it is enclosed and generally safe.

I think up to school age I would have to be there, unless there was another adult. I'm a worrier :hihi:

However if they were in my own garden I would watch through the window, just because I know it is enclosed and generally safe.

I do this with my daughter and she is two but only because our garden is very small and completley enclosed and safe. I can see my whole garden from my window.

It all depends on the area and other children though. My sister in law lives where loads of kids play out from a really young age but all seem pretty mature and as it is a small culdesac so you can see the kids from every front room window on the street. My niece is the same age as my daughter and I have a feeling she will be playing out sooner than my daughter due to the area, maturity of the other kids and the fact my sis in law will be able to keep a watchfull eye at all times.

nothing wrong with worrying

thats exacly what my road is like,however stil couldnt leave him. unatended.

I do this with my daughter and she is two but only because our garden is very small and completley enclosed and safe. I can see my whole garden from my window.

It all depends on the area and other children though. My sister in law lives where loads of kids play out from a really young age but all seem pretty mature and as it is a small culdesac so you can see the kids from every front room window on the street. My niece is the same age as my daughter and I have a feeling she will be playing out sooner than my daughter due to the area, maturity of the other kids and the fact my sis in law will be able to keep a watchfull eye at all times.

nothing wrong with worrying

There is actually.

There is actually.

whats wrong with worrying bout our kids safety?????????? :loopy: