The World - Better Without Any Religion.

The World -A Better Place Without Religion?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. The World -A Better Place Without Religion?

• YES
    • NO

Originally Posted by mapleboy View Post

Tony, "just" the first chapter?!

Here's one excellent reason why religion is, at heart, ultimately the blackest evil in the world:

http://jonathanturley.org/2011/06/08...from-adultery/

Oh my word.

That makes me want to :gag:

It makes me want to become religiouse. :D

It makes me want to become religiouse. :D
Why, so you can be one of the slaves? Not sure you'd really want that, some sweaty Arab banging away. I'll stop now I feel sick!

"I have reached the conclusion that the world is an enigma, a harmless enigma made terrible only by our mad attempts to interpret it as though it has some underlying truth"

Umberto Eco

The World - Better without religion? Yes.

It would probably also be better for all other species, animal and vegetable, without the most pathetic of all animals on earth who thought religion up in the first place .... us humans.

Why, so you can be one of the slaves? Not sure you'd really want that, some sweaty Arab banging away. I'll stop now I feel sick!

What you saying they have man slaves as well, but hey I’ll try anything once I’m pretty open minded.:D

What you saying they have man slaves as well, but hey I’ll try anything once I’m pretty open minded.:D

:gag::gag::gag:...........................:loopy:

My immediate response would be yes, but I'm pretty sure that bigots will always be bigots no matter what platform they use to oppress and try to control others.

If there were no religions, they would probably have something similar like "self help" groups or some other group which on the surface seems like a "helping" group but underneath it all is about control or manipulation.

There are also people who need religion. These people can be vulnerable or maybe lived a "bad" life before they found religion. However much it controls and shapes their views, a lot of the time it's a better option than their lives before religion. This isn't always the case though, I know a young lad with anger issues who was always in trouble until he found god. The trouble now is, he gets angry that others don't believe in his god. Who knows where his path will lead?

For the people who NEED religion, we may have to be more caring and helpful as a society before we get rid of this crutch.

I haven't voted yet, I might do it a few pages on....

EDIT: It's interesting that so far 2 people have voted no but not commented on it. I would really like to be able to have an adult discussion with a true believer about their faith without it turning to bickering.

Edited by RootsBooster

The only Religion you should all follow is... Jedi! Think about it, Jedis get alll those cool Force powers, and I for one look great in black! :D

The only Religion you should all follow is... Jedi! Think about it, Jedis get alll those cool Force powers, and I for one look great in black! :D

Oh dear... :loopy:

I would really like to be able to have an adult discussion with a true believer about their faith without it turning to bickering.
An adult discussion with someone who believes in an all-knowing, all-seeing mythical super-being. Do you think that's going to be a productive use of your's, or anyone's, time? Just asking.

An adult discussion with someone who believes in an all-knowing, all-seeing mythical super-being. Do you think that's going to be a productive use of your's, or anyone's, time? Just asking.

You can be an adult and deluded, confused, or just plain wrong!