Looking for a decent pet owner to take my budgie

And if somebody offers him a home this time are you at least going to have the decency to reply and let us know whats happening? Not just dissapear for 18months??

Excuse me? Have you private access to my account and the conversations I had with those people? No. So why are you getting so catty?

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 18:28 ----------

I'm sorry if some close-minded people are offended that I'm moving on with my life, but if anybody has any advice on how I might get him a visa, I'm all ears :)

I'm sure you all have very nice lives with families and bi-yearly holidays. I don't. This budgie is as alone as I am. Why be alone together when he can have a mate of his own kind? I'm sure he would be infinitely happier.

I don't even agree with him being in a cage. If I could set him free into his natural habitat I would. It is immoral and I'm not being part of it. Should I continue to explain my thought process behind this decision?

Edited by Anti-Moronic

Excuse me? Have you private access to my account and the conversations I had with those people? No. So why are you getting so catty?

People in the Pet Section care very much about animals and their welfare. Even if it is just a budgie. If you decided not to re-home him at the time, it would have been polite to just add another post informing people you had decided not to re-home the budgie afterall.

I wasn't being 'catty'. It was a genuine question. Anyway, i hope you find a good home for him.

What about the 2 posters who offered homes when you first advertised him, are they still available?

Another poster also offered to take him when the OP tried to re-home him in March this year.

People in the Pet Section care very much about animals and their welfare. Even if it is just a budgie. If you decided not to re-home him at the time, it would have been polite to just add another post informing people you had decided not to re-home the budgie afterall.

I wasn't being 'catty'. It was a genuine question. Anyway, i hope you find a good home for him.

Oh, I'm sorry, I should have come back when I was nearly homeless, after I was evicted by my crack addicted mum? Seriously, you people need to lay the hell off. You don't know my life. Stop trying to pretend like I have some obligation other than to rehouse this bird in a nice home.

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 18:35 ----------

For a board concerned about the animals, I'm utterly shocked that most posts have been about the OP and not the animal in question..work that one out.

And if somebody offers him a home this time are you at least going to have the decency to reply and let us know whats happening? Not just dissapear for 18months??

Why? Have you spent the last 18mths worrying about this budgie, unable to sleep or eat? I can't find any posts from you desperate for news of its well-being, nor any follow-up posts to the OP's thread.

I hope you find him a new home, and I don't blame you for not revolving your life around a budgie. You sound like you really care for him and will ensure he finds a good new home. Best of luck.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll find him a nice home. There were a few promising people last time.

To note - my attitude towards the onslaught of judgement does not reflect the attitude of my beautifully calm and tranquil budgie.

For a board concerned about the animals, I'm utterly shocked that most posts have been about the OP and not the animal in question..work that one out.

I think we are concerned about the animals which means we're concerned when people *appear* to have a cavalier attitude towards them - "Oh, I'm getting rid of this one because I'm bored with it" or if they come on here numerous times trying to off-load a pet and then seemingly changing their mind and vanishing again.

I too, hope that you find a good home for your budgie this time and that people won't regard you as a time waster with some anger issues. Let's hope a couple of the people who offered before are still able to help you.

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 18:43 ----------

Why? Have you spent the last 18mths worrying about this budgie, unable to sleep or eat? I can't find any posts from you desperate for news of its well-being, nor any follow-up posts to the OP's thread.

Maybe not, but it's only polite, if you come on here asking for help, to then let people know you've changed your mind. How do you know people weren't wondering if they could help or asking around for this guy?

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 18:45 ----------

Oh, I'm sorry, I should have come back when I was nearly homeless, after I was evicted by my crack addicted mum?

Well, in fairness, you were on the forum commenting on other things during that time. But never mind, let's concentrate on the poor budgie.

I think we are concerned about the animals which means we're concerned when people *appear* to have a cavalier attitude towards them - "Oh, I'm getting rid of this one because I'm bored with it" or if they come on here numerous times trying to off-load a pet and then seemingly changing their mind and vanishing again.

I too, hope that you find a good home for your budgie this time and that people won't regard you as a time waster with some anger issues. Let's hope a couple of the people who offered before are still able to help you.

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 18:43 ----------

Maybe not, but it's only polite, if you come on here asking for help, to then let people know you've changed your mind. How do you know people weren't wondering if they could help or asking around for this guy?

"First, I'm very sad about this. I love this bird, he is very friendly."

"The *last* thing I want is to hand him over to a pet shop where he's stuck in a cage with 15 other budgies."

"Note, I'm *not* selling the budgie. I'm more concerned about his well being."

"Again, I am not interested in money. I am interested in a good home for him."

" I love this bird very much, I'm attached to him, and I wouldn't pass him on unless I found the right home."

Should I continue? Does sound like I have a cavalier attitude towards him? We can all cherry-pick.

Anger issues? If I had anger issues, I wouldn't have been amicable towards NewBiz during this ridiculous conversation with the rest of you. I have no such anger issues, but some of the people here definitely have attitude problems.

[quote=irenewilde;9438565

The original thread died a death, with nobody enquiring about the outcome. I personally think in those circumstances if the OP's circs have changed there really is no need for him to keep giving updates to the forum. Why should he? The Forum isn't the Thought Police!

"Well, in fairness, you were on the forum commenting on other things during that time. But never mind, let's concentrate on the poor budgie"

Poor budgie? The budgie is just fine :)

Are you now calling me a liar? Priorities change. Are you aware of how life works for the other side of the fence or are you completely oblivious to strife?

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 18:51 ----------

I don't know why I have to say this again - I am NOT interested in posts from people who are not interested in rehousing this bird.

Save your guilt trips and interrogations. Me thinks mods are little overzealous tonight :) had a drink?

Anti-Moronic don't get upset. Some of the comments on this thread are quite ridiculous. Just chill and ignore the nonsense! (if you can that is)

Thanks Biz, good idea. I should put my patience to the test ;)

To legitimate queries: Yes, I am looking to rehouse my budgie. Yes, he is a very tame budgie (he sings into your ear). No, I am not going to go back on this decision. In fact, I have to rehouse before I can move again, and then I will be travelling. No, my apparent defensiveness in this thread does not rub off onto my budgie. He receives nothing but love and affection.