Looking for a decent pet owner to take my budgie

First, I'm very sad about this. I love this bird, he is very friendly. Can encourage him to come out of his cage by putting your hand/finger under his breast.

Sadly I'm moving and I can't take him with me. The *last* thing I want is to hand him over to a pet shop where he's stuck in a cage with 15 other budgies. He's too tame and too used to human contact, I don't think he'd survive.

Are there any bird owners in here who would like to take him off me and provide him a good caring home?

Note, I'm *not* selling the budgie. I'm more concerned about his well being.

Edited by Anti-Moronic

Have PM'd you. We already have 2 budgies, but are very happy to look after another.

They live inside, but we're building an outdoor flight next month, so they can have a bit more freedom in the day time. We also have a disabled Dove, and we're in all day, as I work from home, so it would never be lonely :)

The offer above sounds perfect! I think he will be a very lucky and spoilt budgie :)

We have Ringnecks,cockatiels, budgies and an African Grey parrot so there is plenty of company for him here down in Dinnington/Sheffield S25 2RN and plenty of space for your bird and the family will make him very welcome to our home. Drop me a line if we can help and give him a new home.

CHEERS ALAN & CHRISTINE

Isn't that sad that you can't even take a budgie with you? what on earth type of restriction would stop that - my god are we all expected to live without pets in the future?

Great that it looks as though someone can give him a good home, but so sad that you have to move to somewhere that is horrid enough to make you give him away.

I'm back after a long time. He's still with me :) I've upgraded his cage to a penthouse, and he has grown even tamer.

I didn't end up moving which is why I haven't rehomed him already...regardless, it isn't fair to keep him when I've grown tired of not a second of silence in the last 5 years. I love him, but I'm going to have to let him go. I work at home and he is a massive hindrance to my concentration (I'm a programmer).

Please, anybody interested PM me and I'll get back to you. I'm looking to get him rehomed within 6 weeks.

Again, I am not interested in money. I am interested in a good home for him.

..regardless, it isn't fair to keep him when I've grown tired of not a second of silence in the last 5 years. I love him, but I'm going to have to let him go. I work at home and he is a massive hindrance to my concentration (I'm a programmer).

WHAT??? Are you serious?

Hey, look, I'm not making this decision on a whim. I love this bird very much, I'm attached to him, and I wouldn't pass him on unless I found the right home.

You don't know my personal life and why I have to make this decision. A pet is a pet. He is not my child. I've given love and care to this bird for almost 5 years. It wouldn't be fair on him for me to keep him when I have no enthusiasm to look after him anymore. At the end of the day, I'm keeping him because of my own selfish attachment to him. He'd be happier somewhere else with other mates of his kind. He's alone, and I'm certainly not getting 2 budgies.

Please don't make me turn this back on you. I've been very selfless with this animal but he must move on as must I.

I'm 25, I haven't been on holiday in my entire life. I want to travel the world. What do you propose? Should I stay in this besieged country until he passes? Am I seriously going to work my life around a single budgie? Look at the bigger picture here.

This is hard enough for me as it is without someone trying to guilt trip me. If you are not interested in rehousing this bird, your thoughts are not welcome.

Thanks.

Edited by Anti-Moronic

What about the 2 posters who offered homes when you first advertised him, are they still available?

I've PM'd them and just waiting for a response. I have another thread I think I posted after this one. It has been a gradual decision over the past 18 months.

And if somebody offers him a home this time are you at least going to have the decency to reply and let us know whats happening? Not just dissapear for 18months??

I've PM'd them and just waiting for a response. I have another thread I think I posted after this one. It has been a gradual decision over the past 18 months.

I hope you find him a new home, and I don't blame you for not revolving your life around a budgie. You sound like you really care for him and will ensure he finds a good new home. Best of luck.