R.I.P. 41 BUS Halfway - Fulwood

The last 41 has left Halfway and is bound on it's FINAL journey to Fulwood.

Also Amy Winehouse has seen her last day too, which has nothing to do with this thread and in no way inspired me to make this thread in memory of the 41 Bus.

"As of tomorrow i'll have to change bus at Manor Top or any other stop after going towards town to get to the bottom of the Moor near Staples/Decathlon. That effects me because I work near the bottom of the Moor and i'll probably have to get off the Bus on West Street now or change to another bus. I'm sure i'll get used to it and work around it. At least the busses will be more frequent, run until later and we'll have more choice and options.

Will the change be for the better?

I think it will.

Although it seems annoying and sad to loose the 41 to the 120 i'm sure the magority of people will benefit from it.

Are you sad to see the 41 GO?

Are you glad to see it go?

How are you affected by the changes?

Will there be any double-decker 120s on the Halfway - town route?

DO YOU HAVE ANY GOOD MEMORIES OF THE 41?

I know DEANO has. Deano you know your going to miss the 41 a little...

Tell me your stories...........

"As of tomorrow i'll have to change bus at Manor Top or any other stop after going towards town to get to the bottom of the Moor near Staples/Decathlon. That effects me because I work near the bottom of the Moor and i'll probably have to get off the Bus on West Street now or change to another bus. I'm sure i'll get used to it and work around it. At least the busses will be more frequent, run until later and we'll have more choice and options.

it's only a short walk down FitzWilliam Street from West Street, to the bottom of the moor.

I know I suppose but that's not the point I was just saying that it affects me in that way, how does it affect you? Or does it not?

The last ever 41 leaving sheffield town centre :

DSCN9033.jpg

so does any bus go down granville road now what about kids getting to allsaints school

so does any bus go down granville road now what about kids getting to allsaints school

The 42/44 are every ten minutes along Granville Road (also serve The Moor, Arundel Gate, Markets, the same loop the "old" 41 used to do)

The 49/50/50A are every fifteen minutes along Granville Road (also serves the train station and bus station)

Hope that helps

I love the 41, I didn't even know until this post that it had finished.

I didn't even get to say goodbye! :mad:

The 41 never went to Fulwood??

You are quite right, it did a town - halfway loop. It's the 40 that went up to Fulwood.

The Tram stops outside the old Castle College, All Saints School is round the corner from there.

The last ever 41 leaving sheffield town centre :

DSCN9033.jpg

Nice one! I knew someone would get a picture of the last 41, but didn't expect anyone to upload it here. Thanks