What's everybodies favourite films?

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

The Shining

Papillon

Originally posted by Tofty

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

The Shining

Papillon

3 outstanding films. Unfortunately they don't make it onto my own list but they deserve credit.

I loved Willow, can anyone else remember this film?

a wonderful life, pure class:thumbsup:

Originally posted by ianmitchell

3)Shawshank Redemption (dam, can't think of a quote- I gonna go watch it)

That's a magnificent film.

I always cry watching it.

My favourite line from it is "You have to get busy living or get busy dying". I first saw the movie when my life was in free fall - recently lost my business, my mum had died and I was waiting some test results back to determine whether I had Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

I remember sitting there and letting that line wash over me and just determined at that point that I had to "get busy living".

Joe

Originally posted by Lickszz

A couple of people have mentioned Pulp Fiction which I also think is a great film.

For the people who have seen it. I ask, what do you think was in that brief case?

someone told me it was Marsellus Wallaces soul because

1.the combination was 666 666 on the case.

and

2.Marsellus Wallace has a mysterious plaster on the back of his head throughout. (the first shot you see of him is a full view of the plaster).

Supposedly where it was removed.

sounds a bit odd but who knows

Originally posted by BongMonster

someone told me it was Marsellus Wallaces soul because

1.the combination was 666 666 on the case.

and

2.Marsellus Wallace has a mysterious plaster on the back of his head throughout. (the first shot you see of him is a full view of the plaster).

Supposedly where it was removed.

sounds a bit odd but who knows

Im sure there was a post about this subject not long ago and everyone offered their opinions. Mine was similar to that of Bongmonsters.

Originally posted by JoePritchard

That's a magnificent film.

I always cry watching it.

My favourite line from it is "You have to get busy living or get busy dying". I first saw the movie when my life was in free fall - recently lost my business, my mum had died and I was waiting some test results back to determine whether I had Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

I remember sitting there and letting that line wash over me and just determined at that point that I had to "get busy living".

Joe

wow, I'm sorry to hear about that..... a sign of a good film is one that has an effect on you.... "Get busy living or get busy dying" is definately a quote to live by

It was a good few year ago now and the tests came back OK, but I still stick with the quote!

You're right about good films making an impact on you - it's something I've always believed. When I was a kid I remember watching lots of old films with my mum and dad - particularly the James Cagney movies.

When I was about 11 years old I saw the film 'Angels with Dirty Faces', and remember spending a lot of time thinking about the ending - did Rocky go to the chair a 'real' coward or did he go to the electric chair playing the part of a cowrd because his friend asked him to to put the boys who idolised him off of a life of crime?

I guess that that was the first film that made me think like that, and I think it had something to do with my current love of film noir and the 1930s/40s 'social realism' films.

Joe

This is subject to change, I have about 50 films that I rotate into my top 3 depending on mood.

1. Taxi Driver

2. Fight Club

3. Memento

...when I'm feeling bleak and nihilistic and,

1. Fellowship of the Ring

2. Back to the Future

3. Royal Tennenbaums

when I'm sunny.

1. Snatch

2. Being John Malchovich

3. Pulp Fiction

Anyone seen Dogville? Is well weird, but kinda good....