Rod licence checked today

wish i had mine checked then ide know if it was real as in 30 years of fishing never seen a ea balif

If required you can get a licence from the new post office on Bawtry Road in Tinsley. Looks great now they have put tarmac under the viaduct up to Wharf Road

I've been an angler for more years than I care to remember, have I seen a bailiff of course I have periodically. I have 3 or 4 days a week & the last time was at Loxley about 3 years ago.

The thing that I do see on a more regular basis is anglers on forums always complaining about dodgers. Why does it matter if the angler on the next peg is legal or not as long as we have our licence.

I for one would rather fish without looking over my shoulder to dodge any bailiff that may turn up.

& there's not much chance that folks that refuse to buy a licence are on here reading anglers remarks.

I've never once read a post from anyone claiming to be illegal as regards to fishing on any forum.

never had mine checked in 20 years fo fishing despite fishing most of the big name fisheries,

im sure these e.a stories are a myth !!! bit like flying saucers really, you wont believe it until your abducted lol

my mate got checked on the trent last friday at 10.30 PM yes the night, i think when you pay for a day/ season ticket you should have to produce a ea license by law,i have only been checked twice in 30 years so i think the ea should get out more.....also 1 license 1 rod then the carp men may buy 3 licenses @ 13.50 each:thumbsup:

its what "should happen" moonshine, but imagine your a fishery owner, at this present moment he's got you paying for fishing with no responsibility whatsoever, then he would have to turn away paying customers and if they dont have a licence he gets fined,

would love to see it happen but i just cant see it happening, its a bit like the 50p on a day ticket and get rid of the licence all together but then there is nothing to stop the owner pocketing it,

a big shame really

correct doug you are right but its what every sport is about now making money,even the ea rip us off having to buy a license that covers 2 rods ,1 rod 1 license then i would get another to fish my third rod lol.

How that if u didn't have a licence you ain't guna tell him your name are u

you dont have to tell him your name if he rings the police then they will come stright out and you have 2 choices run and leave your gear or face a fine, or just dont be a prick and buy a licence;)