Rod licence checked today

i've actually had my rod licence checked by an e.a officer today! it's only the 2nd time in approx.20 years. the last time was at boddington res. and the time before that was at ladybower. i'd gone with a mate to the canal for a few hours lure fishing when we saw this chap in a green uniform walking on the path towards us. we thought it was somebody from tuffnells parcels on shepcote lane until we saw the e.a logo. he wasn't happy when my mate asked if he was genuine or just a mirage! we produced our licences and he said he would see us again. we reckon he's new to the job and trying to impress his bosses by going out on patrol instead of sitting in the office.

Did you get a badge charlie? I've never seen or had someone from the EA ask me to produce my licence.

the sunshine we had today might have brought him out of hibernation! you never see an e.a officer in the close season especially on the don when they would have a field day. perhaps they're aware of that and don't want the aggravation.

They are a waste of time,about 3 yrs ago I saw him ask 3 blokes for their licence.None of them had one,all he said was make sure you get one.I have shown mine (licence that is .:hihi:) twice in 5 years.

in over 30 years of fishing ive only had mine checked once,that was at messingham sands about 5 yrs ago

Hes an ex-policeman and is very keen, sound though but dont get cought out because you will get a fine of him and they can check on these new hand held things that will tell them if you have a licence so its no good saying you left it at home.

is the canal at tinsley the only stretch of water he patrols? that's where i was yesterday when i met him.

I've got a licence but seriously if he asked someone and they hadn't got one all they goto do is pack up and go home what's he going to do phone police lol

I've got a licence but seriously if he asked someone and they hadn't got one all they goto do is pack up and go home what's he going to do phone police lol

yea and then you get a £1000 fine

How that if u didn't have a licence you ain't guna tell him your name are u

Once at westwood res at highgreen a guy didnt have a licence, me and my dad were on the next two pegs up from him, the licence guy ended up callin the coppers after the guy had gone mental for stopping him fishing lol, he obviously did not have one, they took all his tackle and arrested him their and then. Been asked for my licence about 8 times in 7 years and it is classed as a criminal offence but most licence guys are bent and let you off. Their getting paid so their not bothered.